Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of quarter 2 years free supercharging incentive.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery yesterday. Before that, I emailed my SA asking for 2 year free supercharging. He said he added it to my order but it would void the referral 2k supercharging miles.

The other day in another thread, someone mentioned 2 year free would be applied in October.

Today I went to a supercharger to try out my new car. Then I realized my account has that 2k miles and I was charging for free.

I will wait if that 2 year will apply to my account later.

I used a referral for a CPO and thought I would get it as the referral allowed me to and they said it is only for new 3's.

One advisor said he transferred over the 2 years free charging to my account and said it would be enabled once I took delivery then said he made a mistake as he thought I got a new car :rolleyes:

Now I want them to honor it so waiting on a response from another advisor who said they were going to talk to their manager . o_O

I took delivery yesterday. Before that, I emailed my SA asking for 2 year free supercharging. He said he added it to my order but it would void the referral 2k supercharging miles.

The other day in another thread, someone mentioned 2 year free would be applied in October.

Today I went to a supercharger to try out my new car. Then I realized my account has that 2k miles and I was charging for free.

I will wait if that 2 year will apply to my account later.

Looks to me like they are holding off applying the 2 free years of supercharging until the current supercharging referral incentive expires.

I used a referral for a CPO and thought I would get it as the referral allowed me to and they said it is only for new 3's.

One advisor said he transferred over the 2 years free charging to my account and said it would be enabled once I took delivery then said he made a mistake as he thought I got a new car :rolleyes:

Now I want them to honor it so waiting on a response from another advisor who said they were going to talk to their manager . o_O

I've had no luck with exceptions, even though emails saying otherwise/case is opened. The reason is that the referral dept. is "independent"/siloed from sales.

My dealer's response to my questions on the 2yr Supercharging promo were...

When will I see it in my online account? Four weeks from the delivery date.
Is the 2yr promo unlimited charging or fixed annual credits? Unlimited
Do referral bonuses stack on the 2yr promo? No. Bonuses expire in 6 months.

This is really useful. I’ve just emailed the salesman in Bristol. I’m due to pick up tomorrow.

Has anyone (new car buyers) had a “no” from the sales team? And that 2 years free supercharging is not an option?

I'm concerned about how many people are "asking" their Tesla sales rep if they will get free charging. Virtually everything the Tesla reps say is wrong. If you don't have it in writing you may be disapointed.

I had it in writing/email from delivery manager and still disappointed by referral dept. :( Their reply to me sorry your order didn't qualify (my referree got credit) but please refer others to get miles .

I was denied the 2 years because I received the two free options. I was told that if I received the car before end of month I would get the free options, and the 2 years. A little annoyed, but I'd rather have the discount on the options versus the charging.

I did notice in my app this morning, in my Loot Box, that I have 2,000 free miles though. Is that because I used a referral code when buying? Do these miles expire?

Thanks!

I was denied the 2 years because I received the two free options. I was told that if I received the car before end of month I would get the free options, and the 2 years. A little annoyed, but I'd rather have the discount on the options versus the charging.

I did notice in my app this morning, in my Loot Box, that I have 2,000 free miles though. Is that because I used a referral code when buying? Do these miles expire?

Thanks!
Yup. Don't stress about the 2 years too much. It's not worth much money to most of us. Congrats on the car!

Hi All, on Saturday, I just bought a Model 3 Standard that was in stock and took possession Sunday. The sales guy told me about the 2 year super charging, but not the 2 option upgrade. I’m pretty bummed that I wasn’t told. I would have much rather gotten the upgrades. I’ve seen a couple of posts in this thread where people said they went for the 2 upgrades. Can anyone confirm they actually got these discounts? And, did anyone get promised both the 2 upgrades and the free 2 years of super charging?

Thanks,
Brian

Hi All, on Saturday, I just bought a Model 3 Standard that was in stock and took possession Sunday. The sales guy told me about the 2 year super charging, but not the 2 option upgrade. I’m pretty bummed that I wasn’t told. I would have much rather gotten the upgrades. I’ve seen a couple of posts in this thread where people said they went for the 2 upgrades. Can anyone confirm they actually got these discounts? And, did anyone get promised both the 2 upgrades and the free 2 years of super charging?

Thanks,
Brian
I can confirm that they provide referral “credit” that removes the cost of the upgrades.

I did not get any free upgrades was told I would get the 2 free years SC
Yesterday afternoon account read pay per use Supercharging but I had 2000 miles in my loot box app (well minus 100 or so that I have used already).
Last night my online account shows Free Supercharging Enabled. App makes no mention of it and loot box looks the same.

The referral upgrades was basically a one, maybe two weekend special, that got away from them. If you had gone in looking for a specific car, which they didn't have, they could sell you a similar car, giving away 2 of the 3, paint color, rims or interior color. The whole thing was a push to deliver as many cars as they could before 9/30.

BUT, salespeople begin to use the "deal" willy-nilly and broke the intent of the deal. Selling custom cars with the freebies. Some received the deal, some didn't after that part was figured out by corporate. I'm sure Tesla learned a great deal as they "ate" a bunch of free paint and rims, and future incentives will be better organized.

You walked in looking for a car, found a car, and were happy.

Thanks,
Brian

I can confirm I get two free upgrades shown as "referral credit" for a custom build as well. Plus 4k miles due to self referral...

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r