Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of quarter 2 years free supercharging incentive.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got V10 yesterday. I ordered on 9/17 and received on 9/25. My SA said that they would not honor the 2K even when I wanted to use my referral code. He told me the 2 years would supercede the 2K. I agreed but I was not told it would take almost a month (Sometime in Oct) to show up in my treasure chest. Tesla or more specifically , my SA was not very transparent and made promises he has yet to keep. that said the car trumps the BS of the Tesla shopping experience.

The referral upgrades was basically a one, maybe two weekend special, that got away from them. If you had gone in looking for a specific car, which they didn't have, they could sell you a similar car, giving away 2 of the 3, paint color, rims or interior color. The whole thing was a push to deliver as many cars as they could before 9/30.

BUT, salespeople begin to use the "deal" willy-nilly and broke the intent of the deal. Selling custom cars with the freebies. Some received the deal, some didn't after that part was figured out by corporate. I'm sure Tesla learned a great deal as they "ate" a bunch of free paint and rims, and future incentives will be better organized.

You walked in looking for a car, found a car, and were happy.

I spoke to my sales person today. They gave a similar story to Steve's. This was what I gleaned.

This type of program to offer "deviation" has been done on occasion to boost sales and move in stock inventory for quarter end sales. For sure this was done at the end of Q1 of 2019 (like due to the plummet in sales after the loss of the $7.5k tax incentive.) The spirit of the "free deviations" was to only offer them up when the model that the customer wanted was not in stock. But, sales people are sales people. You give them a tool, they'll use it. This time word got out and publicized on electrek.co and into Elon's Twitter channel. At first, the head of the North American Sales issued a clarification of the program (i.e., don't offer it unless needed). But, I guess the number of requested deviations did not slow down. Then NA Sales Leader out right pulled the plug on the whole program. According to my SA, the only people that were able to get the deviations were people that got them between the first announcement to the sales force of the program and the clarification from the NA Sales Leader. In addition, there were some people that were offered these deviations after "clarification" email that were later told they were no longer available and they could either pay for the options on the in stock car or cancel their order. I found at least one reference on the internet where this happened.

So, my questions are:
1. For the folks that did get the free deviations, when did you place your order and when did you take delivery?
2. Did anyone that was offered the deviations later get a call revoking them?

Thanks,
Brian