Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Quarter deals - honored if Tesla fails deliver by EOQ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried to take delivery of 3 Inventory cars in the past two weeks but one was too far away to guarantee delivery by month end, so dealer swapped me to a local car, (Colorado to Ohio ) per the dealer so they found me a local car which when I went to pick up last week had partially burned out running lights with no solution offered other than they would fix them in 2-3 months - so I refused delivery of that car. Then found car 3 and placed deposit on that car only to be told the next day that it was damaged and needed paint repair and could not be sold.

Now I am on car #4 another P90DL and it is across the country again - no one seems to know if Tesla will honor the lease prices offered online when I placed the deposit if they miss month end delivery - Freemont seemed to suggest they would - local dealer seems to state I need to take delivery by month end...

Anyone have any definitive insight on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Wish I had an "official" answer, since it looks like mine won't make it across the country by EOQ either - best I can offer is that my OA assured me that the discounts would apply regardless, and I can't imagine that they'd take away whatever lease/loan terms you agreed to when you placed the deposit... it'd be awful to hold us to a non-refundable deposit if they can unilaterally change the terms.

Nothing is definitive on these deals, uncharted waters so to speak. I was facing a similar situation and was told they would honor price but I would have to pay shipping and doc/destination fee -- would not be waived for any delivery after EOQ. The way I read it, online listings are not expressly contingent on any delivery date -- if your order is accepted then I think you are good to go. Your OA should be able to work this out.

I have tried to take delivery of 3 Inventory cars in the past two weeks but one was too far away to guarantee delivery by month end, so dealer swapped me to a local car, (Colorado to Ohio ) per the dealer so they found me a local car which when I went to pick up last week had partially burned out running lights with no solution offered other than they would fix them in 2-3 months - so I refused delivery of that car. Then found car 3 and placed deposit on that car only to be told the next day that it was damaged and needed paint repair and could not be sold.

Now I am on car #4 another P90DL and it is across the country again - no one seems to know if Tesla will honor the lease prices offered online when I placed the deposit if they miss month end delivery - Freemont seemed to suggest they would - local dealer seems to state I need to take delivery by month end...

Anyone have any definitive insight on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Good Morning. I just read your post and saw that you refused a P90D because it had a partially burned out Running light. Just curious, was this an Obsidian Black car in Ohio? I ask because I also have been searching for a P90D and lost out on a few cars last week as they sold too quickly before I could make a decision. My Sales person told me about this car in Ohio on Friday that just came back on the market but had a daytime running light that needed to be repaired but they would take care of this after the rush of Q3 deliveries. This car also had a couple of small scratches in the front of the car that they would try to buff out, and, this car had about 3007 mile on it. Is this the car you originally wanted to purchase? If so, did you notice anything else that I should know about as this is a car that I have not seen yet.

Also, to answer your question, my sales person stated that if the car does not get here (PA) by 9/30, they would still honor the deal.

Any help you would offer would be appreciated. Just so you know, I am a Model S85 owner since early 2013 and I have a Model 3 reservation since late March.

Good Morning. I just read your post and saw that you refused a P90D because it had a partially burned out Running light. Just curious, was this an Obsidian Black car in Ohio? I ask because I also have been searching for a P90D and lost out on a few cars last week as they sold too quickly before I could make a decision. My Sales person told me about this car in Ohio on Friday that just came back on the market but had a daytime running light that needed to be repaired but they would take care of this after the rush of Q3 deliveries. This car also had a couple of small scratches in the front of the car that they would try to buff out, and, this car had about 3007 mile on it. Is this the car you originally wanted to purchase? If so, did you notice anything else that I should know about as this is a car that I have not seen yet.

Also, to answer your question, my sales person stated that if the car does not get here (PA) by 9/30, they would still honor the deal.

Any help you would offer would be appreciated. Just so you know, I am a Model S85 owner since early 2013 and I have a Model 3 reservation since late March.

PM set

Well, there was a post on Reddit, where the price went up as leases on the website are only a estimate and also depend on other factor as far as I understood. So it does not seem like the deposit is a binding contract.

Need HELP and a warning for those about to purchase a vehicle from Tesla's inventory • /r/teslamotors

This guy seemed to be relying on the website quote though. I can't imagine why it'd be wrong, but there could be a number of factors there that didn't really get answered, including whether he qualified for the best money factor.

I'm hoping that in my case and OP's, that the deposit and purchase agreements will hold. (I've already been approved for the lease.)

Selling price is guaranteed.

Your lease numbers are not. And if your doing the 24 month lease, that expires on 9/30.

Well that would be incredibly disappointing. If I knew that, I would've just picked a local 75D likeI intended to before my OA found the P90D. Hoping beyond hope that they'll make some exceptions. I don't want to be out a P90D AND my deposit :(

We have a 75D inventory model on order, waiting for shipment. We were told that they would only be able to waive dest & doc fee if we take delivery before Q3 ends.

At this point it seems very unlikely that it will arrive before then.

The showroom discount should still apply though, can't imagine anything else.

have a quick question about the dest & doc fee waiver. on your quote, does the showroom discount include the waiver of the d&d fee or do you think that will be an add'l amount off once the paperwork is drawn up?

so far i have a "showroom adjustment" in the quote but OA did say that delivery and doc fees will be waived. but he implied that that is already included in the total showroom adjustment ... wondering what your experience has been on that front ...

Well, there was a post on Reddit, where the price went up as leases on the website are only a estimate and also depend on other factor as far as I understood. So it does not seem like the deposit is a binding contract.

Need HELP and a warning for those about to purchase a vehicle from Tesla's inventory • /r/teslamotors
Website quotes can't be accurate, it all depends on your credit.
I thought OP meant vehicle price, the discount he received, not the actual rate.
Which shouldn't change either once tesla financing offered a specific rate.

have a quick question about the dest & doc fee waiver. on your quote, does the showroom discount include the waiver of the d&d fee or do you think that will be an add'l amount off once the paperwork is drawn up?

so far i have a "showroom adjustment" in the quote but OA did say that delivery and doc fees will be waived. but he implied that that is already included in the total showroom adjustment ... wondering what your experience has been on that front ...

The waived dest & doc fee showed up separately on our invoice from the showroom discount.

Well that would be incredibly disappointing. If I knew that, I would've just picked a local 75D likeI intended to before my OA found the P90D. Hoping beyond hope that they'll make some exceptions. I don't want to be out a P90D AND my deposit :(

Agree. I put a deposit down 8/24 and here we are a month later and the car hasn't moved. I'm only interested in the 2 year terms (for which they've pulled my credit twice and approved me). The 3 year lease is terrible in comparison on this car with such a discount. DS says the car has been inspected/refurb'd or whatever and is awaiting transport and that it will "definitely be here by 9/30." I guess it's technically possible on a truck to move it in 2 days from the east coast to the midwest, but I'm pretty skeptical at this point. If they deny me the 2 year terms which got me to put down my deposit, fail to deliver the car on time, and then keep my deposit? Yeah, I'll be done with Tesla.

Has anyone heard definitively from their OA or Tesla Financial Services?

I'd hate to be out my deposit, what I paid for my NEMA 14-50, and the 75D I was going to order because I relied on promises that can't be kept. I mean, in my case (and I'm sure many others here), it wasn't just a website order. It was quotes reviewed and papers signed with a Tesla representative.

I am specifically addressing the lease terms and payments that I was quoted - the 2 yr lease and x per month - it would be crazy for that not to be honored but this is the strangest purchase process I have ever experienced. Almost like ordering a pizza - no one seems to really care when or if the car is delivered.

I am specifically addressing the lease terms and payments that I was quoted - the 2 yr lease and x per month - it would be crazy for that not to be honored but this is the strangest purchase process I have ever experienced. Almost like ordering a pizza - no one seems to really care when or if the car is delivered.

Coming form my last 4 cars being BMWs, this has been the most casual and informal purchase process I've ever experienced. I don't know whether it's just because they're all swamped with EOQ, but the general lack of communication has been baffling. I can usually get ahold of my OA, but I haven't heard from anyone else. Again, from my experience from BMW, they've always locked in my lease terms for when I ordered the car, not from when it was eventually built, shipped, or delivered.

Coming form my last 4 cars being BMWs, this has been the most casual and informal purchase process I've ever experienced. I don't know whether it's just because they're all swamped with EOQ, but the general lack of communication has been baffling. I can usually get ahold of my OA, but I haven't heard from anyone else. Again, from my experience from BMW, they've always locked in my lease terms for when I ordered the car, not from when it was eventually built, shipped, or delivered.

That isn't necessarily true because BMW cannot lock your lease rate/payment at the time of a factory order. You get the going deal/rate that is available the day your lease contract is written. It could take 2-3 months for that car to be delivered and residuals/money factors change for them as well. Typically their cycle is a little longer but you could still miss the window.
I ordered an M5 a few years back and between ordering and arriving, the lease numbers got worse ($200 more a month), that we simply walked away from the deal. That's the one nice thing about anyone else besides Tesla, factory orders have a refundable deposit for any reason.

Last edited: