Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of quarter discounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only is there no inventory, last week ordering a MX or MS offered 2-week delivery in California. Today, all MX or MS new orders are showing 8 - 12 weeks estimated delivery for California. Shows that so many orders have been received that California has now been pushed to end of 3rd quarter for deliveries.

It does not have a firm date currently. Potentially in September now. I don’t believe they are meaning the price a of new MX will drop, they are meaning the used MX will be worth less if they announce a larger battery for MX for the same price. If the battery cost less, I guess we could also see the prices come down.

Many feel that there is always some major improvement "just around the corner" and that you should wait to take delivery until that is revealed and available.

Has been going on since the beginning of Tesla.

Tesla has a policy of continous improvement and it seems like there is always someting new coming.

When’s this battery day everyone keeps talking about? I googled and it says sometime in July. Everyone thinks prices will drop. Tesla just reduced the new order Model x by $5000. You think it will drop more?
Not everyone thinks the prices will drop. I think the drop now is because they are pushing orders due to sales down because of the Covid. Every manufacturer is dealing with the same problem.

Hundred percent right @Uncle Paul. Happens over and over. We used to laugh if we waited for the next big thing, none of us would be driving a Tesla.

Battery Day will be interesting. I am confident we will learn some really good / cool stuff. But it won't have any effect on most of us already driving. And likely any product announced is month away too. So, unless we are shopping for a car soon to buy a year from now, likely won't matter to us. I hope it good again for the stock.

Anybody notice that free supercharging has been stripped from individual inventory vehicles and now appears as a banner across the top of the page:

Free Unlimited Supercharging included on all Model S and X inventory orders delivered by June 30th

Think this is an indicator the perk on inventory will go away starting July 1, or just a quarterly sales effort?