TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

End of quarter inventory discount

Discussion in 'Model S' started by max35111, Sep 17, 2015.

1. max35111

max35111 Member

Hey guys,

I have read here and there in the forum some people mentioning end of quarter rebates for inventory cars.
    Is there something real here? If it is, is Tesla coming to you with it to force the sale or does one need to ask for it?

Thanks for your help.. It’s sept 17[SUP]th[/SUP] J

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

i'd say it's real. typically they are in a mad rush to pump up their quarterly sales numbers and will start dropping prices to flush out their inventory. they also dont want to hold onto cars for very long. this is usually the hardest time to get a loaner too because they'll sell them right out from under your feet, literally. i've been called before to bring a loaner back because they just sold it and it was now someone else's property.

3. max35111

max35111 Member

Thanks for the feedback yobigd!
    Any other experience guys?

Basically, i am offered an 85D new on their stock with the former price (price increased by 8k since then). Wonder if i can get better if i wait until end of sept

4. yobigd20

when did they increase price by 8k?

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

You need to call the store closest to you, the CPO site really isn't that helpful. And yes there is always end of quarter discounts.....you just need to ask. I am waiting to see if Tesla drops prices on the CPO site but I am not holding my breathe.

6. max35111

max35111 Member

They increased their prices here in europe as the FX moved.
    I'll wait few more days and ask for these discounts. I did earlier this week, and it was rejected straight.
    Maybe need to go higher in the store organization

7. f-stop

f-stop Member

No idea if this had anything to do with an "end of quarter discount", but near the end of last month my Advisor suggested a new inventory 70D for the "old price".
    Here in Canada prices jumped up about 7% in early Aug due to FX, same issue as in Europe. I had never inquired about inventory cars, but I guess he brought up up because of the price increase

8. max35111

max35111 Member

Yeah basically same scenario here.
    Tempted to take that inventory new car even if no further discount, but will most likely wait for model X reveal the 29th in anycase

9. Dilbagh

Dilbagh Member

Just to clarify, is the inventory new car like a loaner/floor model or is absolutely new. Also, where do you search for these models.

10. DougH

DougH Active Member

The only new cars are the ones that you order. Inventory/loaner cars are driven for test drives and used as service loaners.

The cars listed on the CPO site are also being driven, they are not just sitting on a lot ready to be sold.

You have to call and talk to someone at your local sales center to get info on the cars.

11. miimura

miimura Active Member

"Inventory" cars have never been sold and have been owned by Tesla since manufacture, even if they were used as service loaners. As such, they are eligible for new car incentives. CPO cars are not eligible for any incentives, at least in USA.

12. yobigd20

^^^ this is important to take note of. to highlight it again, you can still claim the $7500 credit on inventory cars but you cannot claim the $7500 for CPOs. (obviously talking US fed credit)

13. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Some inventory cars are new (canceled orders) that have never been test driven and have fewer than 50 miles on them.

14. max35111

max35111 Member

And you think there could be some additional discounts on it? Tesla reps are totally excluding them!