Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of warranty questions from new member

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.
I have just purchased a 2017 Model S 75D and I am in my first week of ownership and loving the car so far.
I have a few questions.
1. I still have 2 months of warranty left on the car. Can anyone recommend a garage in Manchester to do an end-of-warranty check and MOT?
2. The ball extensions the tailgate lifters clip onto are rusted and the tops of the lifters themselves are also rusted. Would this be covered under the warranty?
3. With my Tesla Warranty due to expire, has anyone used Warrantywise for an extended warranty or recommend another company?
4. Any recommendations in the Manchester area for alloy wheel refurb? The Turbines on my car have corrosion bubbling under the paint and need stripping and powder coating.

On couple of your questions;
1. I’m not sure you will get very far with Tesla or elsewhere on an ‘end of warranty check’ but good luck trying. I had an MOT done by National Tyres who were good. Needed to lend them my jack pads though.
2. Worth a try - book an appointment with Tesla via the app and see how far that gets you. They will usually call you to discuss any work before the event so that would be the chance to check.
3. No experience
4. I used Prestige who are mobile and sorted my curbing out for £79