Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of year 2019 deals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's that time of the year where Tesla tries to sell as much as possible and they put big discounts on inventory cars. Performance cars get the biggest discounts. This year it seems that the demand is high and the discounts aren't as good as prior quarters. Also, this quarter, they aren't shipping them far so we're limited.

What are the biggest discounts and best deals you have seen or ordered?

According to some inventory tracking websites, the best deal I see is a performance X 7 seater with 22" wheels for $102,000. I'm not sure if it came with FSD. Of course it got snatched quickly. But some of them are mistake listing so they get canceled.

What deal did you get?

I just ordered (with the help of an amazing sales associate) a 2019 (Raven) MX Performance 5 seater with cream interior for $94.6 ($12K off) - 1200 miles on the odometer. I passed on a 2019 MXP six seater, cream, with FSD for $100K ($19K off) because it was a return with 6800 miles . . . and too far away. There’s a chance i can get the car tomorrow and still take advantage of the tax credit.

i will say finding a good sales associate is golden.

Reactions: EV-CPO
I've tried many on the west coast and they have not been able to find anything better than what's listed. It seems like the days of hidden listings are gone. They have updated their software, which might have something to do with it. I do have to add that some of the cars listed on the Tesla website are not on the inventory websites before they get snatched.

d. It seems like the days of hidden listings are gone

They're not "gone"... the hidden and listed inventory always fluctuates. During the year-end push, they tend to list more of their inventory, resulting in fewer hidden listings. This will swing back the other way in the next quarter.

And yes, some cars do get snatched up so quick that EV-CPO and the other sites can't list them.

Seems like these inventory sites are not updating prices. They just list initial price. One example is this VIN. It has been $97,000 for 2 days and Ev-cpo is not updating.

5YJXCAE42KF190749

This is not true. EV-CPO is constantly updating the prices for cars listed on Tesla's website. There are thousands of price change alert emails and text messages sent out daily. How else do you think the price history for each car is captured? (see below)

The VIN you quoted above hasn't been listed on Tesla's Inventory site since 12/21. Do you have a link for it that still works with that price? Also, if a car changes price and is quickly sold, EV-CPO nor any of the other website will be able to pick up the last price sold, or if they do, it's just lucky timing.

upload_2019-12-26_21-14-45.png

Last edited:
It's still available

https://www.tesla.com/modelx/order/5YJXCAE42KF190749?referral=lasse9342&token=$2y$10$ZzGCpUcaMttla2QBpKbumOQbt6iMzoUHoNoJO58Wm9LcE2Xai1qX2&fbclid=IwAR3d5ljarHOyPF1AxuxA4sdr12LOXDER6Rq3K1VjaPgPQgw9VSNlm102VpE#payment

Also same for my car. I bought it after the last price update that is listed on Ev-cpo and price was lower t than the listed price. There are other examples as well. People have posted a certain price but Ev-cpo is not up to date. And the reason is not because it got sold within a few minutes. Seems like there is a glitch somewhere that doesn't pick up the last price for many cars. Even for used. People have posted certain prices that are just not reflected on the site. I would say it is half accurate

Don't get me wrong. I am a paid subscriber to Ev-cpo, but I relied on it as if it was very accurate. Had I known that it misses a lot, I would have taken different buying decisions.

Last edited:
Thanks for your subscription, but you're not understanding how it actually works. The VIN you posted above was listed publicly on Tesla's Inventory site for Tyson's Corner (https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/mx?PAINT=GREY&arrangeby=plh&zip=22043&range=200) between August 8th and December 21st, when it was removed from the listings. The car is still only accessible using the link you posted, and therefore one of the hundreds (or sometimes thousands) of new or used cars that Tesla holds back from their public listings and are only available to the sales associates, who send those links out to prospective buyers. How or why they hold back or keep some cars 'unlisted' is unknown, but since these cars are no longer posted or listed on Tesla's public Inventory (or Used) websites, they are unavailable to EV-CPO to scan and/or update.

You'll notice that the VIN you posted is not available using the normal link for all publically listed cars: www.tesla.com/new/5YJXCAE42KF190749?redirect=no (this URL defaults back to the main Inventory listing site showing the car is no longer listed publicly).

Also, the link you posted included a referral code to Lasse's inventory website, where he uses a brute-force method to scan for every possible VIN produced to uncover these unlisted cars, which is a method I specifically choose NOT to do, because it hammers Tesla's website in order to uncover cars that Tesla has specifically kept (or removed) from the public listings. If Tesla doesn't want cars listed for sale to the public, EV-CPO isn't going to list them.

Additionally, you'll see that there's a "token" parameter on that URL you posted-- Tesla frequently changes this token randomly, and once that happens, the link will no longer work and the car will be hidden again and only accessible to sales associates who have access to the new link and token.

But for all cars (new and used) that are
actually listed for sale on Tesla's website, EV-CPO is 100% accurate and up to date, and I'll defend or explain any evidence presented that attempts to refute that (or, in rare cases where there is a discrepancy, I'll fix it immediately). Nearly all of the data 'errors' people point out are problems with the data directly from Tesla and have nothing to do with how EV-CPO interprets or processes the data.

Finally, if you find some discrepancy or don't understand how things work, please ask for clarification before posting false statements like "seems like these inventory sites are not updating prices." or "they just list initial price." or "it is half accurate". Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AvengerBB
Thank you for posting all that information, but when the majority of cars are sold this way, it affects the actual numbers. What you're catching is only a percentage of actual sales, which seems to be missing a majority of the "deals" and you're data only lists the 'close to msrp' sales. That's important to the audience you are supplying. Otherwise, why use your website and not just Tesla's website? I'll give you another VIN that I got directly off the Tesla website that was published :

5YJXCAE46KF189488

You need to have some kind of disclaimer that says this is a percentage of actual sales so that you don't mislead anyone

Last edited:
but when the majority of cars are sold this way, it affects the actual numbers.

There's no evidence that the "majority of cars are sold this way", so I'm not sure why you say that. The hidden or unlisted cars that I know about are a small minority of cars. In fact, right now, Lasse's site currently lists 112 New Model S for sale in the US. EV-CPO lists 96. So that's only 16 "hidden" cars out of 112. For Model X in the US it 209 cars versus 220, so 11 hidden cars. Definitely NOT a majority.

and you're data only lists the 'close to msrp' sales. T

Again, no. EV-CPO is constantly updating the prices for all cars listed on Tesla's website. Most all price changes are picked up within the hour (usually much quicker than that). Tesla throttles how much data you can query, and to stay under that limit, the system can only search so many pages per hour. If a car is sold and removed before EV-CPO can pick it up, it might miss the last price change (and as I've said before, all inventory websites are susceptible to this happening). Without a real-time data stream from Tesla, there's no way to get the final, last price sold.

Otherwise, why use your website and not just Tesla's website?

Because EV-CPO offers significantly more powerful searching, filtering, and sorting options. Ability to search nationwide and not just within a 200 mile radius. And the ability to save unlimited custom configurations and get instant email or SMS alerts on those cars when newly listed or price changes. EV-CPO also offers nearly 100,000 records of archived global listing since 2015. Something Tesla's site doesn't even offer.

I'll give you another VIN that I got directly off the Tesla website that was published : 5YJXCAE46KF189488

I'm not sure what you mean by "published"? It was listed for sale between August 9th and removed December 17th. It's not currently listed on Tesla's website: https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/mx?PAINT=BLACK&arrangeby=plh&zip=93101&range=200

You need to have some kind of disclaimer that says this is a percentage of actual sales so that you don't mislead anyone

EV-CPO is for helping people easily find and buy cars directly from Tesla, for the cars that Tesla is currently listing for sale. I'm not misleading anyone. By your logic, Tesla themselves should post a disclaimer that they're also not posting all their cars for sale.

Last edited:
I think I did extremely well.. performance red with cream interior, 20”s, six seater with FSD for 98k before federal rebate. I was just in the store to look and maybe take one home for the night before buying used when that fell in my lap. Bought it right then and there and love it. Raven is not just a refresh it’s amazing...

12/31 purchase?

How many miles? I think that's the best deal I've seen in awhile.

I think I did extremely well.. performance red with cream interior, 20”s, six seater with FSD for 98k before federal rebate. I was just in the store to look and maybe take one home for the night before buying used when that fell in my lap. Bought it right then and there and love it. Raven is not just a refresh it’s amazing...

Good going! Congrats!

There's no evidence that the "majority of cars are sold this way", so I'm not sure why you say that. The hidden or unlisted cars that I know about are a small minority of cars. In fact, right now, Lasse's site currently lists 112 New Model S for sale in the US. EV-CPO lists 96. So that's only 16 "hidden" cars out of 112. For Model X in the US it 209 cars versus 220, so 11 hidden cars. Definitely NOT a majority.

Again, no. EV-CPO is constantly updating the prices for all cars listed on Tesla's website. Most all price changes are picked up within the hour (usually much quicker than that). Tesla throttles how much data you can query, and to stay under that limit, the system can only search so many pages per hour. If a car is sold and removed before EV-CPO can pick it up, it might miss the last price change (and as I've said before, all inventory websites are susceptible to this happening). Without a real-time data stream from Tesla, there's no way to get the final, last price sold.

Because EV-CPO offers significantly more powerful searching, filtering, and sorting options. Ability to search nationwide and not just within a 200 mile radius. And the ability to save unlimited custom configurations and get instant email or SMS alerts on those cars when newly listed or price changes. EV-CPO also offers nearly 100,000 records of archived global listing since 2015. Something Tesla's site doesn't even offer.

I'm not sure what you mean by "published"? It was listed for sale between August 9th and removed December 17th. It's not currently listed on Tesla's website: https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/mx?PAINT=BLACK&arrangeby=plh&zip=93101&range=200

That's exactly my point. I ordered that VIN straight from the published Tesla website on 12/20/19 for around 100,000. Your website completely missed it. It's just one example. Your archives are not accurate at all.

That's exactly my point. I ordered that VIN straight from the published Tesla website on 12/20/19 for around 100,000. Your website completely missed it. It's just one example. Your archives are not accurate at all.

And as I pointed out none of the inventory sites have a real-time data feed from Tesla, so depending on the timing of when that VIN was re-listed, and when it was sold, it's very possible that it was never picked up because of that short timing. This has nothing to do with accuracy. It's simply not possible to capture every single car listed at every single price without a real-time feed, which is not available to anyone.

Finally, I'm not forcing anyone to use EV-CPO. It's simple: If you don't like it, then don't use it.

Without the ability to get a real-time data feed from Tesla, it's the best alternative to using Tesla's own website with very limited searching, filtering, and sorting. And not to mention, the Tesla website doesn't provide global sales archives covering 5 years of sales, or any ability to save your preferred configurations and get instant email or text message alerts.

Last edited: