Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Year Surprise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lately it’s been stuff to match people to existing inventory - things like “free” options to encourage people to take a car that might not be an exact match to what they want, or free supercharging on inventory cars, etc.

End of last quarter saw the brief re-introduction of Enhanced Autopilot for existing owners, but I’d expect no publicized “deep discounts” on FSD as it contradicts Elon’s fantasy narrative that it’s worth increasingly more and more.

if you’re willing to take an inventory car and aren’t super picky about color, wheels, etc. you can probably snag a bit of a deal the latter half of December. That’s generally how it works.

It’s what is keeping me from buying a new one. I know it’s lame, but it’s true.
I don’t think it’s lame. My reasoning might be considered lame though, the reason I want free supercharging is because then it kinda even out with having to wait for the car to charge.
It’s like yeah I gotta wait 30 minutes to charge but at least it’s free, but now if it costs nearly the same as an ice car then there’s no reason to use it for road trips.

I don’t think it’s lame. My reasoning might be considered lame though, the reason I want free supercharging is because then it kinda even out with having to wait for the car to charge.
It’s like yeah I gotta wait 30 minutes to charge but at least it’s free, but now if it costs nearly the same as an ice car then there’s no reason to use it for road trips.
That’s the biggest thing for me too. It’s less convenient, but it’s free, so it offsets itself. Dealing with the time and the inconvenience while paying is a drag.

That’s the biggest thing for me too. It’s less convenient, but it’s free, so it offsets itself. Dealing with the time and the inconvenience while paying is a drag.
You could always just pretend you’re getting it for free since the most recent removal of free supercharging reduced the price of the car $3,000.

It was never free, you just prepaid.

I wish they’d bring back free supercharging. I’d order in a heartbeat.

It’s what is keeping me from buying a new one. I know it’s lame, but it’s true.

For me. I just bought a used one and the 4 year warranty was what got me to buy. If they had only 1 year like they do this month, I don't think I would have bought. $80,000+ for a car with 1 year warranty, would be a no go.

• Informative
Reactions: TimT
You could always just pretend you’re getting it for free since the most recent removal of free supercharging reduced the price of the car $3,000.

It was never free, you just prepaid.
I get that, but I’d still be spending money at the super charging station. It’s kind of like when you buy an annual pass somewhere. The cost is sunk, the more you use it the better the value...you’re inclined to use it as much as you can.

Quite the opposite with the mental head game - you’re inclined NOT to use it to try and “get over” on the guy who gave you a discount instead to prove to yourself you saved even more money.