Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ended: $2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new here, looking at getting a 90D, was waiting for the X release yesterday just to make sure they wouldn't change anything major with the S model lineup that I would miss out on by ordering earlier. Now that that doesn't seem to have happened, I'm getting ready to "pull the trigger"

Just found out about the VA referral code program, have not talked to anyone locally at Tesla yet (in phoenix, AZ). Wondering if I can be "friends" with any of you VA folks and use your referral code. It seems like I should have all the pertinent info before heading over to the Tesla store to place my order.

Thanks

Happy to share. To keep within forum rules, send me a PM. :)

Happy to share. To keep within forum rules, send me a PM. :)

Did you get enough to go to the gigafactory yet?

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't true. You do not need to be a VA resident to use a referral from someone in VA.

It was true as of 2 weeks ago, based on comments in this thread and another thread here... But you're right, it appears they changed their tune.

For everyone who is looking to get the $2K, just make sure you have all the information of the "referrer" so can be sure you are knowledgeable of who they are. My salesperson mentioned that people need to operate in "good faith" and so being referred by someone should be a true referral. Take it for what it's worth... :wink:

For everyone who is looking to get the $2K, just make sure you have all the information of the "referrer" so can be sure you are knowledgeable of who they are. My salesperson mentioned that people need to operate in "good faith" and so being referred by someone should be a true referral. Take it for what it's worth... :wink:
You bring up a good point. I was probably helped by the fact I had email threads with my friend and colleague in VA, and was able to show that to my advisor. If you are struggling, I can forward my anonymized agreement showing 2k$ referral, and my friend's code. A friend of a friend is still a friend!
Happy to help, with no gain to me! I have my own code now, but am sure it is not as good to you as this one from VA...

I'm only 1 away from getting my Gigafactory invite! I'd love to get to 10, but getting short on time. :)

Anyways, use my Ohio referral link to get $2000 off your Model S! PM me if you plan on using my link.

http://ts.la/tim9256

I clicked your link and received a message stating that the referral saved me $1,000, not $2,000. I didn't actually order the car yet, though. Anyone else had this issue?

I clicked your link and received a message stating that the referral saved me $1,000, not $2,000. I didn't actually order the car yet, though. Anyone else had this issue?

Yep. You will see the additional $1000 once your order is confirmed, which is about 10 days after you order and put your deposit down.

Feel free to call me for more info on this. PM me for my number if you'd like!

Ok, not sure if I screwed up. I placed my order last night and put down the $2500. I knew about the $1000 credit, but my rep told me we could do it later. Thinking I just needed any random reference, I then clicked on the first random link I found in the forum to see what would happen. Of course, it took me back to the build page and showed the pop-up saying I was getting $1000 off. But I had already built and ordered my car. I'm looking at my purchase agreement, and it doesn't show a discount.

Now what? How do I apply a VA or OH reference? And seeing no better way of doing it, I figured I'd throw this out: first VA or OH to PM with their info, I'm happy to use you as my referral. I know a couple people are close to hitting marks.

Thanks, all.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, folks. The Accuser was all over that within seconds. Looks like someone is going to the Gigafactory!

Ok, not sure if I screwed up. I placed my order last night and put down the $2500. I knew about the $1000 credit, but my rep told me we could do it later. Thinking I just needed any random reference, I then clicked on the first random link I found in the forum to see what would happen. Of course, it took me back to the build page and showed the pop-up saying I was getting $1000 off. But I had already built and ordered my car. I'm looking at my purchase agreement, and it doesn't show a discount.

Now what? How do I apply a VA or OH reference? And seeing no better way of doing it, I figured I'd throw this out: first VA or OH to PM with their info, I'm happy to use you as my referral. I know a couple people are close to hitting marks.

Thanks, all.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, folks. The Accuser was all over that within seconds. Looks like someone is going to the Gigafactory!

Thank you! You were my 5th!

I confirmed with my DS that the $2000 credit was being applied, I didn't have any issues from anyone about it. They said it will show up on my final paperwork closer to delivery.

Thanks again to TheAccuser for your referral code, I'm glad you got your 5th!

I confirmed with my DS that the $2000 credit was being applied, I didn't have any issues from anyone about it. They said it will show up on my final paperwork closer to delivery.

Thanks again to TheAccuser for your referral code, I'm glad you got your 5th!

Ditto. Zero problems. My rep was unaware of the OH/VA situation, but it was no problem. I didn't even have to cancel and re-order. (I paid the $2500 deposit before finding out about this deal). He just applied the referral to the existing order.

Now, just have to decide on seats and first-round aftermarket upgrades. :)

By the way, you're a bunch of dirty enablers.

Ditto. Zero problems. My rep was unaware of the OH/VA situation, but it was no problem. I didn't even have to cancel and re-order. (I paid the $2500 deposit before finding out about this deal). He just applied the referral to the existing order.

Now, just have to decide on seats and first-round aftermarket upgrades. :)

By the way, you're a bunch of dirty enablers.
Congrats to you and theAccuser!

Of the OH And VS referrers on the thread, anyone close to getting their 5?