Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Endless Positivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ohmster

Lunatic@Large
Supporting Member
Lots of threads and posts about delivery and quality issues. How about one on what we love about our Teslas. Realize this is the S sub forum, but I didn’t see one for all Tesla vehicles.

Thread title in honor of Mr. Positivity with forum name that’s very similar.

Let’s play a game. All posts must be of a unique aspect we appreciate. Repeat posters or duplicate items get a ‘smiley’ response and unique ones a ‘love’.

Round one. Post once for every model you owned or have owned (or leased). And note your favorite if you’ve had multiples. Pictures optional.
  • ‘22 Model S Plaid: Breathtaking acceleration. From any speed.
  • ‘22 Model Y Performance: Crossover with no Falcon doors. Makes wife happy with its range.
  • ‘19 Model 3: Puts a smile on my father’s face. He is 86.
  • ‘17 Model S 75: My first EV. One of the most beautiful cars ever.
  • ‘17 Model X 75D: Safest family hauler. Massive cargo capacity.
Favorite: ‘22 Model S Plaid

491D84BC-1ACC-4342-BDC1-013992B3888B.jpeg
3212A84C-30EB-46D5-87AE-1721A242D0B8.jpeg
9606AC05-5872-43F7-B615-0B874239F76A.jpeg
C5DA9BAB-1035-459D-ABC4-B1B305A0995E.jpeg
CD854020-65B4-4EE3-BE5A-0C8675EA3278.jpeg

Last edited:
#1 It all started for me with a 34k VIN Model S 85 in Q1 2014. This was the start of the addiction. No other brand would suffice for me. These were the days when I would buy pizza for the entire service staff because of how they would go SO far out of their way to help. (Van nuys Service center)
IMG_6903.JPG

#2 AP1 came out. I drove it on a client car. Had to have it, sold my 2014 MS and bought a 2015 MS. AP is a game changer for those of us that have to drive on the 405fwy in LA.

IMG_1573.JPG
#3 At this point we had a 1yr old and were planning #2, and a minivan wasn't gonna cut it. I ordered my wife's sub-1000 VIN 2016 MX. Took delivery in Q1 2016, with 2 kids in tow. At delivery, the entire staff had a standing ovation for my wife and I while they handed us the keys. It was the 1st MX delivered at Van Nuys.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 4.18.42 PM.png

#4. Battery day announcement and the plaid plus specs were announced. I reserved that minute. I've been drag racing my whole life and to own a 9 second car that is also a grocery getter is my ultimate dream. So out with the '15 MS and enter the Plaid. My love for this car is undying. You all know the drill. No words can express the acceleration.

IMG_4428.jpeg

#5. Wife's '16 MX is feeling dated. Ordered her a Refreshed LR MX, hopefully we get it in time to sell the '16 MX at the great resale value it has today.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 4.22.33 PM.png

(We like white cars) 🤣🤣

So far a '22 3 LR (with boost), '21 Y LR (with boost) and '22 S LR (hey Elon, where's the boost for the S LR?).

On a daily basis, I like the 3 more than the S. It is awesome in the cut and thrust rush hour traffic. It is pretty quick, and much more nimble than the S and the smaller form factor allows me to squeeze in spots the S would never fit in.

The S LR is more of my GT car. Not Plaid quick but so far haven't encountered anything on the street quicker than it other than a Plaid. Eats up the miles and would have been my favorite if it wasn't for the topic that has been hashed to death about the refreshed cars.

The Y would be in 3rd place for me. It was our first Tesla that I actually waited until it was finally delivered. I ordered a 3 when they were originally announced but gave up waiting after about 18 months. Best thing about the Y was I could have a Tesla that the factory supports towing with (in the US) that didn't have falcon wing doors. It was actually a pretty good tow vehicle. One big plus for it was this car was put together very well from a QC perspective. Better than either of my 2 newer cars.