Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Endorse my letter to Tesla for supporting 3-phase charging for the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The summary has been added. For now I'm keeping the letter to myself, I declare it finished now.

I want to be able to make it a bit of a surprise to Tesla of what they are going to receive. I'll make some good pictures of the package which is going their way. It could be that they are following this topic, so they probably already know that this is coming their way. But they don't know how many endorsements I got ;) Could be 10, could be a 100 :)

The letter will go out next Friday. As soon as the package gets delivered to Tesla (I'm guessing about a week) I'll publish the pictures.

Thanks everybody, again! If you didn't sign yet, DO SO! The more signatures, the better!

Last Chance to sign the letter before it's mailed on the 4th
Indeed!

I've just sent the letter to the printshop which will make something nice of it.

I'm going to package it in a fancy way, but I'll keep that to myself for now. I want Tesla to receive the package before I'll release pictures of how I sent it.

I'm also not revealing the number of endorsements I received, it should be a surprise for Tesla!

I personally think they've spotted this thread already..

I've just sent an e-mail to everybody from whom I had his e-mail address. But through this way: Thanks for supporting this!

The UPS tracking shows me the package is in flight from Köln (DE) to the USA now, UPS guaranteed me that it will be in Palo Alto on Monday.

The UPS website says: On Vehicle for Delivery Today

Scheduled Delivery: Monday, 07/11/2011, By End of Day

So, it should be there in a couple of hours!

I've also sent an e-mail to the dutch/Benelux Tesla representative to bring him up to speed of what has been going on. He might be able to poke some people on this topic.

EDIT: Just got an update from UPS. The letter has been delivered!

Last edited:
Nope, nothing.

I didn't hear anything from HQ or the dutch representative. I guess he called/e-mailed HQ and they told him they would handle it.

It's been a week now, my guess is that IF I get a response (Would be really rude NOT to sent one) it will take about a month. I really do hope my letter will come up in some sort of meeting somewhere.

I'm still patiently waiting....

Hope their response will be adequate: without 3phase charging the model S will have little traction here.
It is a dearly missed option on my roadster. I see all these Nissans around charging on 3-phase and all i can do is sit and wait for my Tesla to charge at 230V... Certainly a reason for me why I haven't signed up for a Model S yet.

Hope their response will be adequate: without 3phase charging the model S will have little traction here.
It is a dearly missed option on my roadster. I see all these Nissans around charging on 3-phase and all i can do is sit and wait for my Tesla to charge at 230V... Certainly a reason for me why I haven't signed up for a Model S yet.
I agree, but I think you are confusing two things here.

A Nissan Leaf can't charge with 3-phases either, but it does have a fast-charge port which uses high voltage DC current to charge the battery.

A Nissan Leaf can't charge with 3-phases either, but it does have a fast-charge port which uses high voltage DC current to charge the battery.

Perhaps a semantic argument, but that DC is coming from 3-phases so in a way the LEAF is charging from 3 phases.
I think the real point he was making was "Why can't my expensive Roadster charge more quickly than a cheap LEAF?"