Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Consumption Driving at Speed Limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I almost forgot the efficiency when driving in a nice day temperature-wise. Finally, we got a really nice weather today (17°C /62F) and I was driving on the highway at 100km/h (62mph). As far as I remember from last year, driving at this speed should be around the rated line, but I noticed today driving for 20km that I was at 150Wh/km (242Wh/mile). That's a really low number.

Did Tesla change anything in the past few months?

I hope people from the south can comment on this.

Thanks!

Using Tesla range calculator at their web site, the estimated range of an 85D at 65 mph at 70 F is 295 miles. The maximum energy you can get from the battery is about 75 kWh. 75 / 295 = 0.254 kWh/mile. So you are getting the expected mileage for the car.

Using Tesla range calculator at their web site, the estimated range of an 85D at 65 mph at 70 F is 295 miles. The maximum energy you can get from the battery is about 75 kWh. 75 / 295 = 0.254 kWh/mile. So you are getting the expected mileage for the car.

If the calculator isn't accounting for weight in vehicle, elevation changes, and wind - then that is complete BS. In my P85D yesterday I averaged 65MPH with no AC on, 72F and barely got 210 miles out of a full charge. P85D all options and 21' staggered wheels and Michelin PS2 tires.