TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Energy consumption graphs

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Vmax, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Vmax

Vmax Member

Does anyone have a internet or forum link with detailed explanation on all the graphs?

2. Vmax

Vmax Member

Just the explanation of the graphs in the energy app on the main display.

3. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

Hi Vmax,

I don't know how detailed or how technical you're expecting, but here goes my understanding:

The graphs show Wh/km, i.e. the amount of energy used per kilometer traveled. So what probably comes to mind first is if you mash the accelerator in a drag race, it'll spike up. While theoretically true, my real-world experience in Hong Kong (with Occupy Central traffic) is actually a bit of the opposite. If I mash the accelerator on the highway, the spike on the graph is hardly noticeable -- after all, it's that quick to get to 80 km/h or 100 km/h or whatever (even on my lowly 60 kWh model). But if I'm in standstill traffic, I travel so little (the denominator becomes so small) that the graph spikes dramatically. I've found most of my spikes have almost nothing to do with sudden bursts of acceleration and everything to do with horrible traffic (Causeway Bay, Central, etc.)

My two cents worth. Hope this helps.

4. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

What about the dials on the dashboard, can someone explain the right hand (apparently instantaneous power consumption in KW?) needle and the left hand needle (no unit display, also kW?)?