TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

energy display, change defaults?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by PhilBa, Jul 11, 2013.

1. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

On the energy display, I want to set the default projected range estimate to average. Having it default to instant seems kind of, well, useless. I tried saving use settings and that didn't do it. What am I missing?

2. Longhorn92

Longhorn92 MS VIN #10103 (40 kWh)

#2 Longhorn92, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    I think I saw somewhere on the forums that they were going to change it (either user selectable or default to average) in the next major firmware release sometime this summer.

----------------------------------

Yes, here it is... New Information Learned Tesla Rep Menlo Park Cars and Coffee (private thread on TM website)

3. CraigHughes

CraigHughes Member

The latest I saw was a post to a private thread on the Tesla official forums saying that at the coffee & donuts meeting recently in Menlo Park, they said that they were doing a major revamp of the energy display, and that they would not be fixing the doesn't-remember-average-versus-instant problem before that:

• There is a "huge upgrade" coming to the energy app., which is why they aren't fixing anything in the current version (such as the annoying "feature" that it doesn't remember that you want to see "average" rather than "instant" projected range numbers).
    Doesn't clarify if that'll be in the "next" software update or just at some time in the future.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

That's good news... and yeah, the default is utterly useless!