Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Graph on Speedometer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the re-gen portion of the energy arc (about the last 30 degrees of the arc and displayed on the dashboard panel) occasionally a yellow dashed arc segment appears. What does this mean? Sometimes, along with the yellow dashed arc segment a yellow caution triangle (with an exclamation mark) appears. What does this mean?

When the battery is almost completely full or somewhat cold, it can't safely receive large amounts of power. When it gets down to freezing temps, it can't safely receive any power at all.

Tesla reduces the car's regeneration to prevent damage - and puts yellow dashes on the regen side of the power display to show where the limit is. You can reduce this by scheduling charging in the morning before you leave, so the pack is warmer.

The yellow triangle shows up when the regen limit changes. If you hadn't had the power/energy graph on permanent display, it would have shown up with the dashes and the triangle for as long as the triangle stays on the screen.

In the re-gen portion of the energy arc (about the last 30 degrees of the arc and displayed on the dashboard panel) occasionally a yellow dashed arc segment appears. What does this mean? Sometimes, along with the yellow dashed arc segment a yellow caution triangle (with an exclamation mark) appears. What does this mean?
It means regen is limited and won't occur past the solid part of the arc. Usually this is because the battery is cold and needs to warm up, but it can also appear if no regen is possible (like when your battery is already at 100% charge).

When the battery is almost completely full or somewhat cold, it can't safely receive large amounts of power. When it gets down to freezing temps, it can't safely receive any power at all.

Tesla reduces the car's regeneration to prevent damage - and puts yellow dashes on the regen side of the power display to show where the limit is. You can reduce this by scheduling charging in the morning before you leave, so the pack is warmer.

The yellow triangle shows up when the regen limit changes. If you hadn't had the power/energy graph on permanent display, it would have shown up with the dashes and the triangle for as long as the triangle stays on the screen.

You might note that the number of dashes varies with the degree of restriction. That is, the colder the battery is, the more dashes are displayed. As the battery warms up, the amount of regen available will increase and the number of dashes will decrease.

When I first got my car 4 years ago, I was surprised that I would begin to see the regen limit in the fall as soon as morning temperatures dropped to the low 50s. But at those relatively warm temps, the regen limits disappear pretty quickly as you drive.

Can anyone tall me what the yellow triangle with the exclamation point in it means?

Attachments

• 5A824FA6-91AC-41EB-AF5A-E01C5CABB942.jpeg
    5A824FA6-91AC-41EB-AF5A-E01C5CABB942.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 68