TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Energy Management Project

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Boundtogo, May 17, 2017.

1. Boundtogo

Boundtogo Member

I'm happy to let you know that we save a little with our electricity and water costs in our vehicle company . However, as an operation manager, I still need to improve in other energy management and plan some positive changes. We actually had set a budget for those things. We want to minimize our carbon footprint. But, how can we go about implementing this project?

Your advice and suggestions are all welcome. Thanks so much!

• Like x 1
  2. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

Solar would be a good way to start to reduce power. Use your budget to start out small and add to it every year. Depending on the space you have available for solar (either on building roofs, grounds, or property) the savings could be substantial. The justification for spending could require a Return on Investment of three to five years. I don't know what your financial people require. ROI could be quite good depending on the cost of goods and implementation IMO. How are you saving power now? What is your annual power consumption currently in kWH? or MWH? What is your average cost per kWH? Lots of questions and variables. Maybe you need a local consultant that specializes in your particular goals.

• Like x 1
  3. ziggytrace

ziggytrace Member

4. Boundtogo

Boundtogo Member

Thanks for the responses and the link provided, I'd definitely look into it in a bit.

Solar has always been our number one option but we are still looking for some other options that might be suitable to our needs and the way we operate. Facility optimization is also something we consider incorporating in our energy management projects.