Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just checked my smart meter and see that my (Octopus) energy tariff had gone up . . . . .
Electricity: was 29.58p now up to 35.98p per Kwh an increase of 21%
Gas: was 7.36 now up to 10.34p per Kwh and increase of 40%

For us (Kent area) and we're with Octopus

Electricity (Octopus Go): No change as I am still currently on my Octopus Go tariff until next year at 31.31p peak and 7.5p off-peak
Gas (Flexible): Is where it became worst than what I predicted. Went from 7.3p to a whopping 15.4p!

Electricity (Octopus Go): No change as I am still currently on my Octopus Go tariff until next year at 31.31p peak and 7.5p off-peak
Gas (Flexible): Is where it became worst than what I predicted. Went from 7.3p to a whopping 15.4p!
surely the gas is capped at about 10.3 pence? that is what mine has changed to

These are our new Octopus Flexible Rates - West Midlands

Screenshot_20221004-213814_Octopus.jpg

I was on a fixed rate until July ‘23 for my gas through Octopus - I noticed last week they’d changed it up to the variable rate at 10.3p - numerous emails and no response from them. To say I’m not happy would be an understatement.

I was on a fixed rate until July ‘23 for my gas through Octopus - I noticed last week they’d changed it up to the variable rate at 10.3p - numerous emails and no response from them. To say I’m not happy would be an understatement.
They did the same to me but this was a few weeks ago. An email sorted it for me. How many people will not realise this has been done to them and be over paying what they had signed up for!

They did the same to me but this was a few weeks ago. An email sorted it for me. How many people will not realise this has been done to them and be over paying what they had signed up for!
I’ve had no response to any emails so I’ll give them a polite call tomorrow. Like you said, bet there are plenty of others who don’t notice Octopuses clearly ‘unintentional mistake’ and just put it down to increased use of gas as the days get colder.