TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Energy saving mode can cause problems

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mobe, Oct 30, 2015.

1. mobe

mobe Member

Last night I turned on energy saving mode.
    This morning when I went to drive the car it displayed a message that stated something like; preparing, press brake to start after message clears. But the message did not clear. The car would not start and the user interface was locked out.
    I called the SC and the first question he asked me was if I had turned energy saving mode on. I told him that I had the previous evening. He asked me to reboot, holding both scroll wheels down until the tesla logo appeared in the center stack. He said that when the car is in energy saving mode that the software modules go into power saving mode and that if they don't power back up in the correct order then what I experienced will occur.
    So I'm not using that any more!

apologies if this issue has been previously discussed.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

This can happen. I've found that when it gets stuck, press the brake pedal and the small display will activate. Then get out of the car and shut the door. Get back in and the car boots up normally. I usually wait outside the car until the car locks but I don't know if that's required or not.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Or you could just reboot if it happens again.

4. Mille Pun

Mille Pun Member

I got the same problem start from today.....any solution besides reboot every time? Can't waking the car (losing 3G connection) simply lost all remote feature on the car

5. taurusking

taurusking Member

I am wondering if Tesla came with solution other than asking to reboot the screen.

Rebooting just solves it temporarily.