Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Saving Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe MCU2 cars have this option (which is most likely what you have).

Not sure why this is the case. There are smarter people than me on this forum who will chime in as to the reason.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

MCU2 cars seem to sleep deeply on their own. I know TeslaFi often acts like it can’t talk to the car and sometimes the app (Tesla app) can’t wake the car. You need to pull on the door handle for a 3 or have a fob nearby for an S or X.

May be why the settings are gone.

MCU2 cars seem to sleep deeply on their own. I know TeslaFi often acts like it can’t talk to the car and sometimes the app (Tesla app) can’t wake the car. You need to pull on the door handle for a 3 or have a fob nearby for an S or X.

May be why the settings are gone.

Thank you for the feedback. If this is the case then Tesla should remove from the manual

Thank you for the feedback. If this is the case then Tesla should remove from the manual

It is not removed, but is covered by "On newer vehicles" and "on older vehicles"

Model X has an energy-saving feature that reduces the amount of energy being consumed when Model X is not in use. On newer vehicles, this feature is automated to provide an optimal level of energy saving. However, on older vehicles, you can touch Controls > Displays > Energy Saving and choose from the following options:​

IOW the setting does not exist on MCU2 vehicles.

Reactions: jboy210 and Fiver