Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Saving Trust Loan Accepted, White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the position whereby I've just received notification from EST that my loan has been approved. I'd supplied details of a model 3 SR, in blue, with 19" alloys, coming to £42,940. The loan amount is actually for £28,000 interest free. Now that the configuration tool online allows for a white interior on SR I'd like to add this option on. Does changing the final invoice value mean that my loan offer needs to be reprocessed? Also, what's Tesla's position on changing an option after the £100 has been paid for a spec?

I'm in the position whereby I've just received notification from EST that my loan has been approved. I'd supplied details of a model 3 SR, in blue, with 19" alloys, coming to £42,940. The loan amount is actually for £28,000 interest free. Now that the configuration tool online allows for a white interior on SR I'd like to add this option on. Does changing the final invoice value mean that my loan offer needs to be reprocessed? Also, what's Tesla's position on changing an option after the £100 has been paid for a spec?
As they've already approved your Application and as £28K is the max Loan Amount I doubt that they'll be interested in what is really a small almost cosmetic configuration change. I'll let others with more experience of this scenario comment but I don't see why Tesla wouldn't let you change to a white interior, it's not like they build cars to order they just match orders to ones they're building / have built.

Watch out if there has been an upward price change on any of the options - I don't know if there has been.

A change in configuration is likely to result in the whole order being revalued against current book value, so if price has increased on any of the options, they will be included at the new price. Not normally an issue if prices have gone down as Tesla seem to pass this saving on. But they do not seem to pass any price increases on that are in their control - excluding things like changes in tax or other incentives.

The only risk your likely to run in to is the loan offer expiring before you take delivery of the car as changing your configuration will move you to the back of the queue for allocations, however I would still suggest you call or email EST and confirm they’re not bothered that you’ve changed the cost of the car (I wouldn’t think they would be as the loan amount isn’t affected).