Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy saving trust loans [Scotland]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order on the 15th Sep and applied for the EST loan on the 16th. It says in My Account that my delivery is on hold till the 6th October and there's an "I'm Ready" button if my circumstances have changed. Should I wait to press the "I'm Ready" button until I get confirmation of my EST loan? Anyone else had this experience?

I placed my order on the 15th Sep and applied for the EST loan on the 16th. It says in My Account that my delivery is on hold till the 6th October and there's an "I'm Ready" button if my circumstances have changed. Should I wait to press the "I'm Ready" button until I get confirmation of my EST loan? Anyone else had this experience?
Wait until you have confirmation of the loan (or at least 1st of October).... with it being the end of the quarter at the moment for them if they have cars available still they'll allocate you immediately for an end of September delivery... After the 1st of October, you should be good to hit the button so you join the allocation queue :)

Tesla will be happy to delay due to EST delay. I’m waiting for the EST money too - meant to take 10 days to process acceptance and 3-5 to transfer, but 20 days and zero progress and EST say they have no idea when they’ll process offer. Frustrating as initially EST were very quick. V. lucky that we can bridge the gap ourselves but I would be cautious on paying heed to ESTs timelines just now.

Tesla will be happy to delay due to EST delay. I’m waiting for the EST money too - meant to take 10 days to process acceptance and 3-5 to transfer, but 20 days and zero progress and EST say they have no idea when they’ll process offer. Frustrating as initially EST were very quick. V. lucky that we can bridge the gap ourselves but I would be cautious on paying heed to ESTs timelines just now.
Yes their timelines are nonsense

I cannot be too critical, because I got the full £35k in 2019, but to see delays and issues two years later is depressing. Proof, if proof were needed, that civil servants just cannot operate effectively in market business, even though the ones I spoke to were well motivated and as helpful as their rule book permitted.

The status section of my application has today changed to 'application being checked'. Thats 21 days after I applied. Not sure what the timescales are from here but it may be that some changes at work mean I won't be able to wait until November to take delivery as I'll need a car very soon it seems.

So.. in these applications will Tesla work with you to ensure that the timing works out? Reason i ask is that there are some inventory cars today on the official web site. I have read the above posts but its still as clear as mud to me. Are you allowed to finance the balance above £28,000?

So.. in these applications will Tesla work with you to ensure that the timing works out? Reason i ask is that there are some inventory cars today on the official web site. I have read the above posts but its still as clear as mud to me. Are you allowed to finance the balance above £28,000?
Yes Tesla will work in the sense that they will keep moving your car allocation depending on how EST is progressing - I'd speak to the guys in Edinburgh SC who can talk you through it.
Yes, you can use finance for the rest of the finance - the EST documentation covers this in detail as to what is allowed/not allowed.

Yes Tesla will work in the sense that they will keep moving your car allocation depending on how EST is progressing - I'd speak to the guys in Edinburgh SC who can talk you through it.
Yes, you can use finance for the rest of the finance - the EST documentation covers this in detail as to what is allowed/not allowed.
Ironically, after EST failed to come up with the goods on their £28k loan in time (after 5 weeks), I was able to apply for and get approved a £28k Tesla loan in under 5 minutes!

Reactions: Mr H
I really think if you want to EST loan then you should either a) try and have alternative short-term finance available or b) be realistic that you won't get the car for at 3 months after applying. EST processing appears to have ground to a halt.

So will you still be in receipt of the EST loan and use that to pay off the Tesla loan? Thought you couldn't pay for the car before the EST loan completed?
You can’t buy the car until you get the official loan offer. Once you have that then you can buy the car - there is a second delay after offer trying to get EST to actually process the acceptance and then cough up. Tesla will ask you if you can proceed without EST loan coming through and in my case allocated it as soon as I confirmed I could bridge gap.

You can’t buy the car until you get the official loan offer. Once you have that then you can buy the car - there is a second delay after offer trying to get EST to actually process the acceptance and then cough up. Tesla will ask you if you can proceed without EST loan coming through and in my case allocated it as soon as I confirmed I could bridge gap.
Ok I see.
My loan status has now changed to approved. As I mentioned above the need for a car for work could well mean I can't wait for the Tesla to arrive anyway.

Ok I see.
My loan status has now changed to approved. As I mentioned above the need for a car for work could well mean I can't wait for the Tesla to arrive anyway.
If they still email the documents you should get t it same day / within a few hours of the status change.

On a side note you can see when they start processing your application through Credit Karma as they’re the credit reference agency EST use - it’s free to register if your interested :)

For those interested in EST loans, here was my final timeline:
  • 19/8/21 Model 3 Ordered
  • 19/8/21 Applied for EST loan
  • 26/8/21 EST loan Offer received
  • 27/8/21 EST loan acceptance sent
  • 27/8/21 Final Invoice sent to EST (as soon as I told Tesla that I had an offer and could proceed, they kicked into life and allocated me a car sent invoice within 24 hours)
  • 28/9/21 Called by EST to confirm loan verbally and then confirm again via e-mail
  • 30/9/21 Received Model 3
  • 8/10/21 - EST confirm payment will be sent soon
  • 11/10/21 - Money received... hooray!
So just over 7 weeks from start to finish which is inline with what Tesla told me (8 weeks) to expect from their experience.
I was a bit surprised to have to wait 6 weeks after acceptance was received for the money.

Reactions: Bobster1967