TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Energy Savings Rebate (Ontario)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Blu-Ion, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

See this link, take advantage if you need new appliances, but more specifically, Electric Home Chargers are also included in the 25% rebate

Low Carbon Economy Fund: Energy Savings Rebate program - Canada.ca

I'm in need of a 2nd charger for my cottage, Level 2.

- Any suggestions on a Tesla-compatible 3rd party model? I only really need 30 amp 240v, that would be sufficient
    - Can I buy through one of the authorized retailers on the list (Tesla is not listed hence why I'm looking for 3rd party), but could benefit my other non-Tesla EV friends as well

• Informative x 1
  2. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

Looking through this it looks like it is a point of sale rebate that the consumer gets and the retailer actually has to apply for the rebate from the government?

3. darkenergy

darkenergy Member

Good timing for us. We need a new waterheater. Tankless here we come!

4. RSR.M3

RSR.M3 Member

Yea, this is what it looks like to me too...someone correct us if we are reading this incorrectly

5. darkenergy

darkenergy Member

That is correct, the register price is the discounted price.

6. wayner

wayner Active Member

If this is a Govt of Canada program why is it only offered in Ontario? Or are there separate programs for each province?

7. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

Payback for Ontario conservatives not participating in Carbon pricing program is the official answer, ... or Liberals strategically buying votes in Ontario is the real answer.

Which ever, I don't care if they are dolling out my money, I need to get it back

8. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Still have to spend $3(+taxes) to save $1. Kind of silly in my opinion, but votes are votes come election time.

• Like x 1
  9. darkenergy

darkenergy Member

While Canada isn't Kuwait, our GHG emissions per capita are pretty bad. Spending some money to reduce it is money well spent, regardless of the political party.