Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Savings Trust loan for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a call (not 'the' call
1f603.png
:D) from Tesla sales. They wanted to confirm if I was sticking with my LR AWD w/FSD or moving to P-. (have decided to stick)

Confirmed looking at mid-July date for delivery. Highlighted need to prompt issuance of final invoices for those arranging finance (esp EST loans) - they said that once this initial delivery of 50 or so cars is sorted then invoices should be issued further in advance.

Also said more info should be going to insurers and LR AWD would definitely still be able to be insured long term.

Just had a call (not 'the' call
1f603.png
:D) from Tesla sales. They wanted to confirm if I was sticking with my LR AWD w/FSD or moving to P-. (have decided to stick)

Confirmed looking at mid-July date for delivery. Highlighted need to prompt issuance of final invoices for those arranging finance (esp EST loans) - they said that once this initial delivery of 50 or so cars is sorted then invoices should be issued further in advance.

Also said more info should be going to insurers and LR AWD would definitely still be able to be insured long term.
Good to know - thanks. (Also sticking LR AWD, but its for the towball).

I spoke to the energy saving trust today and confirmed, send signed loan agreement now, invoice, bank details etc can follow later once you have them. I was confused by the wee tick sheet they provide that makes it look like all 3 have to go at once, and it being so long since I bought a car I didn't realise the invoice was available before the car. Pretty sure I did it all on the day last time.

Quite a trip from dover up to edi on the back of a lorry, I hope the cars all make it OK!

I just sent my final invoice to EST. Curious now to see how long it takes for the funds to arrive in my account.
Same here. Only got Invoice yesterday, same day Tesla told me delivery was now accelerated to 7th to 20th August, two weeks earlier. No way EST will get me the money for the 7th. So long as they are quicker than their maximum, I should be able to pay by the 20th. What happens if you cannot meet the window? Will they hold it, or do they bounce your order?

I've heard of 5 days from a couple of folks now so I think EST won't be quite the holdup that was feared. I've now set up my online payment and sent a test payment across to confirm all is received OK. The £20k/day transfer limit with my bank (RBS) will probably more of a delaying factor!

I just sent my final invoice to EST. Curious now to see how long it takes for the funds to arrive in my account.

On the 24th July I sent the documentation to EST First Class Signed For.

25th July the paperwork was signed for and loan status changed to "Claim being checked".

31st July loan status moved to "Paid" and I received an email confirming.

2nd August loan payment cleared in my bank account.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Does anyone know what the eligibility requirements are for this loan/grant?

I don't live in Scotland now, but my parents do.

I'm wondering if I can use their address, but my name, even though I'm not 'registered' there anymore.

Any thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: anon37485
Hi, I have an application for an M3 est loan at the moment, submitted a 2 weeks ago. Just wondered how long it usually takes between applying and being confirmed my status is still "application recieved".
I applied 8th May, received loan offer 31st.
Sent my final invoice in a week ago (after Tesla finally issued it) and received an email this afternoon (just over a week later) confirming funds had been paid out.