Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Savings Trust loan for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP may also wish to change from LR to Performance as given the [current] very narrow price differential Depreciation on LR at re-sale may be a significant hit.
It's difficult to know. I'm sitting with LR AWD/MSM/FSD. Would cost me £2,400 to move to same with P- spec. Given what seems to be lower insurance quotes and this initial cost difference I'm finding it tough to justify changing across to P-, esp when as far as I can find the only difference is a slightly faster 0-60 time. Really wish they hadn't complicated everything with this last minute switch!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
My offer letter gives me a deadline of 30 September for finalizing the purchase and sending in the final invoice.

Starting to worry now that the delays may push it past September and invalidate my loan!
My reading was that you just need to send in the final invoice by that date (section 3.2.4) and then within 60 days (section 7.3) you need to send them confirmation of full payment being received by the dealership?

My reading was that you just need to send in the final invoice by that date (section 3.2.4) and then within 60 days (section 7.3) you need to send them confirmation of full payment being received by the dealership?

You're right.

I'm still a teeny bit worried, as others have hinted that the final invoice may not be available until the delivery date is imminent, which means that if deliveries are delayed until September it still might be a bit tight.

And then we still have to wait for them to release the funds...

Was looking at the forms last night and am now confused :(

When they are asking for an itemised invoice, are they just after the order agreement? Logically this can be the only answer since they need this paperwork back in the next 7 days!

@Shetlandmdl3 is there an electronic way to send all this off, or is it snailmail only?

cheers!

Was looking at the forms last night and am now confused :(

When they are asking for an itemised invoice, are they just after the order agreement? Logically this can be the only answer since they need this paperwork back in the next 7 days!

@Shetlandmdl3 is there an electronic way to send all this off, or is it snailmail only?

cheers!
The way I read it is we send everything except the invoice away by snail mail and then forward the invoice on later by email.

The way I read it is we send everything except the invoice away by snail mail and then forward the invoice on later by email.
Confirming that is the case, they need an ink signature on all of the forms they send you, they can accept the invoice either direct, or from Tesla; though they need to also include the loan reference.

I believe that once they have the invoice its a 14-16 day processing time before you will get the funds, but haven't been able to confirm that with anyone, you also have to send them the proof of purchase after everything.

No, my understanding is they need the final invoice before they release funds. Tesla should be giving us more notice re pickup!
That's how I read what they told me as well; you need to send the final invoice to them before they do the final processing for the loan, once they have that they "aim to process within 10 working days" - they then issue the payment and some correspondence - a further 3-5 working days...

Quote from the letter I recieved with my loan agreement :

Once your full claim has been received it will be processed within 10 working days. If
information is missing or incomplete it is likely it will take longer than this. Upon approval of
the payment you will be issued with correspondence confirming this and setting out the
timescales for receipt of the funds (typically 3-5 working days).

This 3-week delay is the weak link in the whole process. When I placed my order I told Tesla I'd be a cash buyer (rather than HP/finance) since I'll be sending them the cash directly from my own bank account, but they still need to give us a reasonable amount of time to get everything together between final invoice and delivery.

This 3-week delay is the weak link in the whole process. When I placed my order I told Tesla I'd be a cash buyer (rather than HP/finance) since I'll be sending them the cash directly from my own bank account, but they still need to give us a reasonable amount of time to get everything together between final invoice and delivery.

It's got me worried that's for sure, one hopes that Tesla Edinburgh will be on the ball with this stuff though, I imagine a large chunk of sales from that SC would be attached to these loans.

Reactions: StephenEdinb