Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy savings trust loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
The energy savings trust in Scotland offer an interest free loan of upto £35000 on an electric car.
I applied and 2 months later I'm still waiting for the the money to drop into my account.
My tesla has been ready to collect for at least 3 weeks.
This has got to be the most dim witted application process I've ever encountered.in summery 15 working days just to find out if I'm eligible.then more forms are posted out for me to sign with bank details and witness signatures.athen a further 15 working days to process these forms plus 3 to 5 days for the BACS transfer.
Unbelievable.
I was hoping for this weekend but on phoning I got a guy saying "unlikely mate "
So maybe this Thursday.failing that sat 4th Nov.
Test drove car 1st September.
Rant over.

Hi all,
The energy savings trust in Scotland offer an interest free loan of upto £35000 on an electric car.
I applied and 2 months later I'm still waiting for the the money to drop into my account.
My tesla has been ready to collect for at least 3 weeks.
This has got to be the most dim witted application process I've ever encountered.in summery 15 working days just to find out if I'm eligible.then more forms are posted out for me to sign with bank details and witness signatures.athen a further 15 working days to process these forms plus 3 to 5 days for the BACS transfer.
Unbelievable.
I was hoping for this weekend but on phoning I got a guy saying "unlikely mate "
So maybe this Thursday.failing that sat 4th Nov.
Test drove car 1st September.
Rant over.

Hi
I’m just looking into this EST loan now and have to say early impressions bear out what you say. Everything has to be done by post and I was told that E mail communication was “impossible”
Do you mind telling me how long it eventually took, or if it went ahead at all? Also, did you combine the EST loan with a PCP or other such arrangement? The Tesla sales chap told me that many (most) do that but the EST people said they do not permit it and never have. I guess I’m asking if what is obviously going to be a protracted and laborious process is worthwhile. Would appreciate any guidance you can offer. Cheers, R

Hi it took around 2 months from start to finish.pain in the arse waiting but worth it as it saves at least £2000 in interest and probably a lot more .plus you can repay anytime up to a max of 6 years.
I was going to do PCP but decided to buy out right using the full £35000 loan plus savings and selling 2 cars privately.then I have full control over what I do with it and can pay back early if I want.
It's got to be a new car to get the loan.
Best to phone them for the options available.
Wouldn't have purchased the car otherwise if this loan wasn't available.
Only other downside is you've got to show proof of a deposit on the car your buying therefore you have basically committed to purchasing the car if they then decide your not eligible.in my case my deposit was £4000 for an inventory car which is the minimum you can put down.unless you've got bad credit then you will be ok.but a worry nevertheless.

Just received a letter today from the energy savings trust saying I've got to provide proof of the car purchase by either an accountant letter or a photocopy of my bank statement showing the money in and out. Within 60 days.

It beggars belief as I've had the car now since 4 th November.another waste Of a stamp then.

The energy savings trust send the money direct to you. not to tesla. then when you have the funds you pay tesla for the car.its an interest free loan of up to £35000 max repayable upto a max of 6 years..
So I've bought the car outright in Nov.now they want to see proof I bought it 3 months later.