Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Usage Graph and Trip Data no longer display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I very recently purchased a used 2015 Model S P90D which has been absolutely fantastic.

One issue that I haven't been able to resolve is the graph inside of the energy display "gauge" disappeared and has not come back. At the same time, the energy usage on the touchscreen no longer displays a graph, and the trip data just displays zeroes for all info. Each of these were working just fine up until a week or so ago.

I've done some research here on the forum and have found a couple of cases that were very similar to mine, but found no clear resolution to the issue.

Any help is appreciated!

Photos of how the displays look now are below.

Thank you.
20220808_074821.jpg

20220808_074833.jpg

20220808_074805.jpg

The reason they don't display is probably Tesla found that no one other than a few geeks ever even look at them. And if they ever did, like me, they don't any more, because no one uses them. Well, ALMOST no one. I hope that the reboot brings back your screen info, though.
That makes no sense.

If no one is using a feature that is already implemented (which I don’t believe to be the case), it would take less development effort to just leave it alone than to remove it.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Each of these were working just fine up until a week or so ago.

Interesting issue! What software version is your Model S currently on?

The reason they don't display is probably Tesla found that no one other than a few geeks ever even look at them.

I LOVE the Energy Graph. I have it on display all the time, both on the MCU as well as the IC widget.
It's such a beloved useful feature that many Palladium S and X owners are full-on grieving the loss of their Energy Graph since firmware branch 2022.20 took it away from them, as you can read in several threads here in the Model S forum section and the 5 pages and growing Model X forum section.

Reactions: kavyboy
@Art Vandelay - I am running Software v11.0 (2022.8.10.1). Interestingly enough, this update was just installed a few days ago but the issue started before the update and remains after the update. "And you wanna be my latex salesman..." HA!

@tldickerson - Just pulled into work and did the factory reset in the parking lot before heading in. It's doing its thing in the parking lot; I'll check on it in a bit and report back.

Keep the great suggestions coming!

Reactions: Art VandeIay
2022 MX plaid, picked p end of June. Was on V2022.16.? and I could use voice command "show energy" to see the energy graph. Software update to 2022.20.? and now the voice command does not work. Any other way to see it?