Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Widget Caution Icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been searching high and low for this. I bet I missed it - which I'm sure will be pointed out :)

A couple of times I have seen the yellow triangle with exclamation point at the bottom, and on one occasion, at the top of the widget. I was on AP at a reasonable speed (like 60-65) when the top one occurred, pressed the accelerator and it went away. I thought this was odd. It has not happened since.

I know what the dashed lines mean, but not these icons.

Anyone have anything to share on these?

Thanks!

I, too, in the past couple of weeks saw the yellow triangle, with no dashed lines, on the top end during a road trip. It was boring interstate driving at normal SoC, but I'd been at it for several hours that day with a couple of supercharger stops. It turned on and off a couple of times, but since nothing else odd seemed to be happening, I just chalked it up to some kind of minor disagreement between limits displayed the instrumentation and the actual behavior of the battery- or thermal-management system.

The triangle warns you that you can't extract as much power, or, on the regen side, regenerate as much. So, if you "floor it", and you have a yellow triangle on top, you won't get as much power as when you floor it without that triangle. Low state of charge will do it, battery temperature would do it - I had it happen a while ago after a multi-hour interstate, just stop for supercharging drive...