Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy with Seesaw system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this sketch 10 numbered tubes will be mounted permanently on a seesaw in Horizontal direction .There will be 10 numbered 100 gram mass Iron balls and these Iron balls will move in these tubes. we will attach two piston generators (linear generator) on the both end of each tube as per diagram.we will take a motor and this motor will work to shake this balanced seesaw in horizontal direction towards 5 centimeter (thrice in a second) back and forth .

I have used a running car example in this design .Suppose a car is running at the speed of 100km/hour and there are 10 numbered passengers in the car then each passengers speed will be also 100 km./hour.

Here in this design passengers are tubes Containing balls, car is balanced seesaw and speed is turning of seesaw.
I did some experiment before posting this article to know the feasibility of this design.

I took a clicking based writing pen and changed its spring with some other spring and put some 700 gram weight on the tip of this pen to know the force if I want to press the pen to write .I found that I will have to apply 0.7 Newton force if I want to write something with this pen .

Now I took a cylindrical shape object having mass of 86 gram( consider it 100gram) and put it in a rectangular shape box .The length of this box is 8 centimeter and length of object is 4 centimeter.

I attached two pens with the both sides of this box and turn it 15 centimeter with 3 newton force and noticed that the 86 gram object is pressing the tip of the both side pens or in other words working equivalent to 0.7 newton force on each side pen.

Now replace these pens with generator.

Input force is 3 newton(Overall) .

object is hitting with each generator with 0.7 Newton force .

Total generator are 20

so overall force applying on total 20 generators is 0.7*20= 14 Newton

If we consider 70% efficiency of these generators then the out put will be 9.8 watt (consider it 10 watt).

So now tell me where I'm wrong ?

I again say that there is need of some work on it and without collaboration and team work it will be not possible to build it and test it.

Attachments

• clean_energy.jpg
    clean_energy.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 66
I have used a running car example in this design .Suppose a car is running at the speed of 100km/hour and there are 10 numbered passengers in the car then each passengers speed will be also 100 km./hour.
Your basic premise misses the point that the required energy to accelerate passengers to 100km/hour is the energy to accelerate the car to 100km/hr PLUS the energy per person. It's not free.

Your seesaw design will suffer the same problem. The energy required from the input motor will be more than any energy you get out of the device.

But why i will use a ramp to move the seesaw .If a seesaw is in balanced position then there will be need of very very less energy.
In a fully balanced position it produces no energy, if you use the motor to hold one side down you are providing a constant input in order to counteract gravity while the balls roll. If done too slowly the springs will not compress unless the iron balls are really heavy, and if the iron balls are really heavy then it'll require even more force from the motor.

In addition, the spring are going to be storing energy... if this wasn't the case you might as well use a solid object to transfer kinetic energy. The springs will simply release that energy as the seesaw goes the other way and you will suffer mechanical losses.

Last edited:
yes ,you are right so I applied 3 newton force to turn the box+ ball system .but in the balanced position in this seesaw each Ball+box system will get 3 newton force .The overall input will be only 3 newton.
If mass is balanced then F=a or in other words the applied force 3 newton will be distributed among all 10 numbered Ball+ tube systems.

yes ,you are right so I applied 3 newton force to turn the box+ ball system .but in the balanced position in this seesaw each Ball+box system will get 3 newton force .The overall input will be only 3 newton.
If mass is balanced then F=a or in other words the applied force 3 newton will be distributed among all 10 numbered Ball+ tube systems.
Yes distributed.... therefore less than 0.3 newtons each (especially when accounting for the mass of the tube systems)

Consider this, if you pull down the right side so that the balls all roll to the right and then let it go, the system will not generate enough energy to have been able to pull the right side back down all the way again. After wobbling a little bit, the system will then stop.

Last edited: