Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enforcement of no parking to block the Superchargers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw another Electrical contractor today working. Had Orange Cones blocking half the charger cabinets and the other 6 were blocked with ICE cars. I wonder if something didn't pass the inspection and needed fixed?

The WAWA station was extremely busy. I hope there will be enforcement of no parking, to block the Superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: corywright
Saw another Electrical contractor today working. Had Orange Cones blocking half the charger cabinets and the other 6 were blocked with ICE cars. I wonder if something didn't pass the inspection and needed fixed?

The WAWA station was extremely busy. I hope there will be enforcement of no parking, to block the Superchargers.
Don’t count on it. Every other Wawa Supercharger location has 30 minute general parking signs at the Supercharger stalls. I don’t see why this location would be any different. The best you can hope for is that employees don’t park their cars there all day.

Reactions: TravelFree
Don’t count on it. Every other Wawa Supercharger location has 30 minute general parking signs at the Supercharger stalls. I don’t see why this location would be any different. The best you can hope for is that employees don’t park their cars there all day.
This one only has 6 of the 12 that allow 15 minute general parking. The other 6 are Tesla Charging only.

Let's reverse the picture--
You pull into the WAWA to charge your Tesla and the charging spaces are all blocked by gasoline cars. So you drive around to the gas pumps where they are very busy with cars waiting in line. You park your Tesla blocking a pump and then walk away for 30 minutes. Is that the same thing? There aren't even any signs that state parking only for pumping gas only. Yes it's rude, but so is a gas car blocking EV charging. Not too long ago I drove a gas car and would frequently have to wait while a person would pump gas and then go inside to use the restroom, buy some merchandise and food wasting another 15 minutes holding up the line before moving.

• Love
Reactions: Big Earl
Let's reverse the picture--
You pull into the WAWA to charge your Tesla and the charging spaces are all blocked by gasoline cars. So you drive around to the gas pumps where they are very busy with cars waiting in line. You park your Tesla blocking a pump and then walk away for 30 minutes. Is that the same thing? There aren't even any signs that state parking only for pumping gas only. Yes it's rude, but so is a gas car blocking EV charging. Not too long ago I drove a gas car and would frequently have to wait while a person would pump gas and then go inside to use the restroom, buy some merchandise and food wasting another 15 minutes holding up the line before moving.
the difference is that there is no law in place for being a jerk and blocking a gas pump for 30 minutes whereas there is a law for blocking a charger with a noncharging vehicle.
you seem to be the outlier, most people who own EVs are very pleased with the law in place in Florida

• Disagree
Reactions: TravelFree
you seem to be the outlier, most people who own EVs are very pleased with the law in place in Florida
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Let me be very clear. Fine them! Tow their cars away. I love the law! If the charger stations get real busy then those 30 minute signs need to come down. I thank you for posting the link to the law. I didn't know it existed. Making a copy to keep in my glovebox.

Reactions: Big Earl
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Let me be very clear. Fine them! Tow their cars away. I love the law! If the charger stations get real busy then those 30 minute signs need to come down. I thank you for posting the link to the law. I didn't know it existed. Making a copy to keep in my glovebox.
I believe that the operators of the chargers are obliged to post signs prohibiting parking by non charging cars that include the statue number

think of it this way --

These are normal parking spots, with a limit of 30 minutes. They just happen to have Tesla superchargers at them.

When they put up signs that say EV charging only, then the law will apply.

Crazy to me as to why a property owner go through the trouble of getting Tesla to install a charger on their property only to put up 30 minute general parking signs. Seems incredibly silly...

As I said before not all have 30 minute signs. I was just at the WAWA in Flagler today- check it out:

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 66
The first one was double restricted Handicap and Tesla Supercharger only. When I arrived there as an F-150 in that space with no handicap license plate. As I was leaving a Nissan Sentra? pulled in next to me with many general parking spaces near by.

With so many Teslas being delivered every day now, this problem is going to get worse. Soon, I hope, Tesla or those responsible will insist on posting the warnings with the fine amount like they do for the handicap spaces. The statute number won't mean anything to the average Joe gasser. They will need to post the fine amount too.

The first one was double restricted Handicap and Tesla Supercharger only. When I arrived there as an F-150 in that space with no handicap license plate. As I was leaving a Nissan Sentra? pulled in next to me with many general parking spaces near by.

With so many Teslas being delivered every day now, this problem is going to get worse. Soon, I hope, Tesla or those responsible will insist on posting the warnings with the fine amount like they do for the handicap spaces. The statute number won't mean anything to the average Joe gasser. They will need to post the fine amount too.

I've found that in most cases, as Supercharger sites get busy, Average Joe Gasser becomes less likely to park in the Superchargers spots. There will always be a few arrogant or oblivious people, but for the most part, the problem solves itself as people get used to seeing Teslas charging.

• Disagree
Reactions: mk677