Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ENGIE Chargepoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to visit Halifax soon - Engie 50kW chargers are listed as free to use until 29th October 2021 (..."Free to charge. £10.00 overstay fee after 75 mins, then £10.00 every subsequent 75 mins").

Has anyone any experience of these, are they reliable?

ENGIE Chargepoint Network
4q0wTqD.png

I've registered & have the app & although they needed my credit card details, nothing has been taken. Am I right to assume that I will still be able to charge or will they ask me to put £10 into the account first even though it would not be used until Oct 2021?

I have been using these as the primary way to charge my car for about a year now. I do have a home charger but these are free :) and one is a 10 minute walk away.
The only issue I have is I have never gotten over 42kWh on them even though they are rated at 50.

This company has a very similar website/mapping etc to Geniepoint so I'm wondering if it's the same outfit behind both? If so, the Geniepoint system allows you to add any RFID. I did it yesterday at one of their Morrison's installations and it's simple enough. Indeed Geniepoint looks like a lifesaver for me on a future trip into darkest Wales. It will allow me to get a decent "fast" charge on the way back to Derby (at Oswestry or Wrexham Morrisons) and before I need to drop into the Stoke SuC. Without it, I'd be borderline on charge getting into Stoke :eek:

Do you have to pay for parking whilst you are there?
I need to visit Halifax soon - Engie 50kW chargers are listed as free to use until 29th October 2021 (..."Free to charge. £10.00 overstay fee after 75 mins, then £10.00 every subsequent 75 mins").

Has anyone any experience of these, are they reliable?

ENGIE Chargepoint Network
4q0wTqD.png

I’ve used this network a lot since they started the build-out and reliability has been excellent. Only once had a problem where I couldn’t initiate a charge via the website and their support talked me through linking an rfid credit card to my account so I could use that instead.

Note that they’re not joking about the 75 minute limit - one second over and you’re charged £10, so limit yourself to 74 mins to give yourself time to unplug!!

Recently I’ve been unable to use the car’s browser to start a charge (it used to work up until a couple of months ago) but no problem via iOS Chrome or Safari.