Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Engineer hold on MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

My car still on engineer hold. I don’t know specifically why. The Rep makes it sound like it’s simply a check-off process that’s done for all cars. He said there is no structural issues with the car. I am not feeling good about taking delivery, whenever that happens . Additionally, because we moved the date a couple times I may have to pickup the car after work at night, which will limit my ability to assess for issues. I am going out of town every weekend this month. I may have to just past on this vehicle and wait for another delivery.

Build date 4/16/23
Ordered late March

Has anyone ever heard of an engineer hold and what that entails?

Actually, I’d say that’s the car you want.

That means they’re addressing something. Could be as simple as a software update, or they have a part they want to correct.

Either way, in my mind, that means either a) it’s no big deal or b) whatever part needs to be reworked is going to be checked over extremely thoroughly.

I’d be more than happy with such a car. You know whatever the concern is will be taken care of.

Actually, I’d say that’s the car you want.

That means they’re addressing something. Could be as simple as a software update, or they have a part they want to correct.

Either way, in my mind, that means either a) it’s no big deal or b) whatever part needs to be reworked is going to be checked over extremely thoroughly.

I’d be more than happy with such a car. You know whatever the concern is will be taken care of.
I took delivery. The car was perfect. The manager came out and said my car was first ultra red with the new HW4 etc so their engineers had to checked off on how to properly ensure all systems are functioning and active for future updates.

I took delivery. The car was perfect. The manager came out and said my car was first ultra red with the new HW4 etc so their engineers had to checked off on how to properly ensure all systems are functioning and active for future updates.

That’s awesome, congrats on the new ride!!

I wouldn’t fear an engineering hold for one second. It’s a great QA check — if your vehicle’s getting the white-glove treatment it’s going to be great…. And sure looks like it is.

If you get a chance, do you mind sharing some photos? Make the rest of us jealous with that stunning ultra red!!

Enjoy!

Reactions: Drew-MS and Kare101
That’s awesome, congrats on the new ride!!

I wouldn’t fear an engineering hold for one second. It’s a great QA check — if your vehicle’s getting the white-glove treatment it’s going to be great…. And sure looks like it is.

If you get a chance, do you mind sharing some photos? Make the rest of us jealous with that stunning ultra red!!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpeg
    IMG_4237.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 101