Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Engineering Car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

J1mbo

Aug 20, 2013
UK
Yvette on Twitter

IMG_20180407_215141.jpg

Lots of goodies to see here!

Looks like the "augmented" view shows boxes around objects from the 3 active cams. Also, an FSD menu!

I'm just speculating here, because I don't have enough tesla history to know for sure, but that looks like an alcantara dash, and I don't think they do this now, so it likely isn't the new MCU.

If it's an Engineering car then it might have been upgraded to the new MCU.

Where I work we have all kinds of weird mixes of vintages. Just whatever us engineers could get our hands on. :)

Reactions: Fiddler and RedMS
Looking closer, the blue boxes are not bounding boxes - they are more like radar returns.

Curious to know what the red boxes are in Narrow and Main.. labels?

Has anyone with root (@BigD0g?) had a play with this?

I think @verygreen had this working long ago on his old X, but in later builds they quickly realized there screw up. This requires a dev build of the firmware and a rooted ape I suspect, so sadly I’m useless on this one, but I’d love to see what else they posted before they deleted.

Reactions: J1mbo
I'd be freaking thrilled if AP2/2.5 could just read speed limit signs like AP1. We took a trip this past weekend and the speed limit displayed in the car was wrong at least 50% of the time if not more.

Be careful what you wish for. I had an AP1 loaner and kept reading the wrong signs or not understanding about minimum limits vs. max. It was way more frustrating than AP2 being blissfully ignorant. It sucks when there are state limits like NY and the database is empty and you're limited to 45mph on a rural road. Its a lot worse to be stuck at 55+5 when traffic actually is going 75mph+.

Though I'm sure both have their flaws and we'll find reason to complain.

Reactions: zmarty
I'd be freaking thrilled if AP2/2.5 could just read speed limit signs like AP1. We took a trip this past weekend and the speed limit displayed in the car was wrong at least 50% of the time if not more.

Agreed. That said, if you find wrong speed limits, you should report them to TomTom via their MapShare tool. (I've tried doing a Tesla bug report, but they don't seem to be passing these reports on.)

Agreed. That said, if you find wrong speed limits, you should report them to TomTom via their MapShare tool. (I've tried doing a Tesla bug report, but they don't seem to be passing these reports on.)
I’ve tried reporting to TomTom since Tesla switched and they eventually delete my suggestions and next update the database. I’ve tried attaching pictures and GPS data and they still never update them... Some are off so much it’s ridiculous. 55 in 25’s, 45 in a 70, things like that.

I've been on a hunt for any evidence that the bug report command in the car does anything at all. Anybody ever gotten any response to it? Has a service tech ever been able to manually pull logs and see when you even pressed the button? In the past couple of years I mean. I think originally it probably did something, back when there were only a few thousand cars on the road.

Reactions: zmarty