Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Anti-theft add-on from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet another issue with this video.
Had to delete and re-upload again.
Sorry for the inconvenience... argh

New upload:
Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo Part 2

I have the option of leaving security and/or tilt/intrusion off and only turning it on when I feel I am parking it at higher risk location.
Still figuring it out. I suspect Tesla will tweet the firmware to improve usability.
I sent this suggestion via the escalation link in my Tesla account and received an email confirmation of receipt: (views now over 30,000)

I had Enhanced Anti-theft installed on mu 2018 Model S 100D last week. I have had a chance to do some extensive testing that has helped myself and others to understand its use. I posted 2 videos on YouTube. The first one has had over 15,000 views, so this is obviously of great interest to the Tesla community.

Please take a look at the 2 videos I posted on YouTube
Playlist Link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwN--Cvo1lxWjAl3fA4HoDf7Usmi4wlgH
Individual Video links:

Tesla Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Demo

I have a suggestion that I believe will improve its usability.

As you will see in the Part 2 video, if a passenger is left in the vehicle without the key fob, it appears that the Tilt / Intrusion feature is temporarily disabled and their motion within the cabin will not trigger the alarm. If, however they later exit the vehicle the alarm will be triggered when the front door is opened.

(Oddly, this did not seem to be the case with the back door)

My suggestion is to add an option to temporarily disable security if any of the seats are occupied after a walk away or manual lock takes place and delay locking and the activation of the security system until after all seats are vacated.

Reactions: s1rk
Yet another issue with this video again
Sorry again for the inconvenience... argh argh argh...

New upload:

Yet another issue with this video.
Sorry for the inconvenience... argh

New upload:

I just got my anti-intrusion installed. I also put together a power bypass cable in order to power my dash cam. Alarm seems to work although it required me to go back to Tesla service as they forgot to change a setting and therefore the alarm wasn't working for the first two days. I triggered the alarm with the window rolled down by putting my hand inside the cabin and the horn started blaring. However, I did not receive a notification on my Tesla app, which was disappointing.
57066937034__7B06429B-FE55-440D-BF3A-C63226F8FE12.JPG
IMG_2299 2 copy.jpg

Reactions: Daniellane
Unfortunately, as with most early adopters, we are part of the initial learning curve. On the bleading edge.
I just got my anti-intrusion installed. I also put together a power bypass cable in order to power my dash cam. Alarm seems to work although it required me to go back to Tesla service as they forgot to change a setting and therefore the alarm wasn't working for the first two days. I triggered the alarm with the window rolled down by putting my hand inside the cabin and the horn started blaring. However, I did not receive a notification on my Tesla app, which was disappointing.
View attachment 374607 View attachment 374608

Thanks for posting those informative videos. My alarm was installed yesterday and I just did one quick “arm in the window” test and it worked. But, I did not get any window stickers. Did anyone get a window sticker and if so, could you post a photo of it? I really don’t want to put a sticker on my window tint but maybe the sticker is designed to be placed on the outside of the window?

Unfortunately, as with most early adopters, we are part of the initial learning curve. On the bleading edge.

They actually do go on the inside.
There are images of them in one of the several threads on this subject. I’ll try to find it
Ideally the back fixed triangular windows.
Unfortunately, they are basically hidden inside the packaging in such a way that they are easily discarded unintentionally. This was the case with mine, however they have re-ordered them. No ETA at this point.
I might be able to find out what the part number is as it took a bit of research for the service center to find them.

Found the original decal post and my attempt at humor in response:

3387435, member: 49532"]Thanks for posting those informative videos. My alarm was installed yesterday and I just did one quick “arm in the window” test and it worked. But, I did not get any window stickers. Did anyone get a window sticker and if so, could you post a photo of it? I really don’t want to put a sticker on my window tint but maybe the sticker is designed to be placed on the outside of the window?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am going to check with the service department.

Found the original decal post and my attempt at humor in response:

3387435, member: 49532"]Thanks for posting those informative videos. My alarm was installed yesterday and I just did one quick “arm in the window” test and it worked. But, I did not get any window stickers. Did anyone get a window sticker and if so, could you post a photo of it? I really don’t want to put a sticker on my window tint but maybe the sticker is designed to be placed on the outside of the window?
[/QUOTE]

Had the system installed in my X today (it was a cluster ......)
In any case, I asked about the stickers and hey said they were installed per the instructions.
On the far back corner window that is basically pitch black. NO WAY to see them from the outside (at least in a cloudy day).
I'm not sure this was fully thought out.

Also, my dome light looks nothing like the ones shown in the videos of the S. Have't tested it yet. We will see.

If the dashcam’s power is provided by tapping into the wires, that should not be a problem. If the dashcam is powered by plugging it into the unused connector, you can use this nifty part to connect the dashcam without affecting the alarm installation. I used this and it worked great: Dashcam Power Cable Parts Kit for Tesla Model S | eBay

I have a blackvue dash cam hardwired onto the mic line. Will this cause an issue for the install? I have an appointment on 02/27. Thanks in advance!

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
I'm regretting to install the enhanced anti-thief. I can't leave the climate on then leave the car anymore. That's suck! Have to turn the security alarm off to do that. Probably they will fix this issue in the future firmware.

I'm regretting to install the enhanced anti-thief. I can't leave the climate on then leave the car anymore. That's suck! Have to turn the security alarm off to do that. Probably they will fix this issue in the future firmware.

With the upcoming Dog Mode and the Sentry Mode, this gets even more compliance. Hopefully they have thought of all the edge cases where and once we get those firmware we'll get to see how this all works together with the Enhanced Anti-Theft security device.

• Informative
Reactions: r0xx0r
Got this installed on my '18 Model X (figure I post here since thread is more active), but I have had nothing but issues since the installation of this. Almost every time I wake the car from sleep through launching the app, I get a notification that the car alarm has been triggered sometimes followed by the actual car alarm going off. The car sits in a garage (no lights) with all the windows up, there is no reason for this to happen. Also, the actual car alarm (honking) occurs randomly even when the car is untouched in the garage windows up with no movement. Additionally, when I turn off the "tilt/intrusion" option in the menu, it will re-enable itself by the next day. Anyone have these issues?

Got this installed on my '18 Model X (figure I post here since thread is more active), but I have had nothing but issues since the installation of this. Almost every time I wake the car from sleep through launching the app, I get a notification that the car alarm has been triggered sometimes followed by the actual car alarm going off. The car sits in a garage (no lights) with all the windows up, there is no reason for this to happen. Also, the actual car alarm (honking) occurs randomly even when the car is untouched in the garage windows up with no movement. Additionally, when I turn off the "tilt/intrusion" option in the menu, it will re-enable itself by the next day. Anyone have these issues?

I'm curious if they coded it correctly when they did the install. You may want to place a service call via the app and see if Mobile Service can come on by to fix it.

Definitely contact your Service Center.
Install was not plug & play. They had to run some sort of installation script to tell the car that had the new hardware using a hard wired connection to a laptop. I was able to witness the process. For some reason it took two attempts to make it work.
I also had a few issues right away and they needed to reinstall the firmware.
Not updated but reinstall the same firmware version that I already had on the car.
As far as the inability to permanently turn off tilt/intrusion. This is a real issue.
It will disable during your drive only.
Always re-enable us as soon as you park and do a walkaway lock.
I have personally been working with my service center on this issue. I’m fairly certain this will be resolved in a firmware update.
Might actually get resolved along with Sentury & Dog mode implementations.

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Definitely contact your Service Center.
Install was not plug & play. They had to run some sort of installation script to tell the car that had the new hardware using a hard wired connection to a laptop. I was able to witness the process. For some reason it took two attempts to make it work.
I also had a few issues right away and they needed to reinstall the firmware.
Not updated but reinstall the same firmware version that I already had on the car.
As far as the inability to permanently turn off tilt/intrusion. This is a real issue.
It will disable during your drive only.
Always re-enable us as soon as you park and do a walkaway lock.
I have personally been working with my service center on this issue. I’m fairly certain this will be resolved in a firmware update.
Might actually get resolved along with Sentury & Dog mode implementations.

Thanks for the post, it is really helpful to hear some feedback. I was the first car they installed this on and SC did not know how to troubleshoot or what to do. I will push for reinstallation of firmware. Do you mean firmware for entire car? Or is there specific firmware for the anti-theft hardware?

I had it imnstalled on my 2018 X (08-18) and haven't had any of those issues so far.

Thanks for the post, it is really helpful to hear some feedback. I was the first car they installed this on and SC did not know how to troubleshoot or what to do. I will push for reinstallation of firmware. Do you mean firmware for entire car? Or is there specific firmware for the anti-theft hardware?
I believe I was the first at my SC as well..Definitely a learning curve.
Firmware of entire car, yes. Sounds like you may also have issues with the hardware and it’s specific software as well.