Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Anti-theft Upgrade Video Demo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the demo! You could use a faraday bag for the fob for these... :D

I could have sworn some cars already had that tilt/intrusion switch. Where would I have see that before, do any foreign models already have the motion sensor?
I have read on TMC somewhere that European cars already have this feature. As I recall something to do with insurance discount requirements.

I received an interesting comment on my YouTube channel speculating on the technology here...(ultrasonic transducer)
E5FB882A-EE1C-465B-A331-596B4C3F2596.jpeg

I assume that the microphones will get replaced with this update. Have you tried out using Bluetooth (at highway speeds, and with/without the climate system enabled) to see if the microphone quality has changed?
I have had conversations on it with my wife since it was changed.
I asked her if she noticed any difference and she said she did not. That’s the extent of testing that I can provide. Even if I was able to be on the other end of the call I would not be able to evaluate it comparably since I had never heard it from the other end prior to the upgrade.

I was going to buy one, but after seeing cabin overheat protection disabled, I am hesitant.

I just noticed on my settings screen that if the regular Security Alarm is activated, it prevents the use of Cabin Overheat Protection. It might have under an "info" button. So if you want Cabin Overheat Protection you have to leave the standard Security Alarm switched off.

I just noticed on my settings screen that if the regular Security Alarm is activated, it prevents the use of Cabin Overheat Protection. It might have under an "info" button. So if you want Cabin Overheat Protection you have to leave the standard Security Alarm switched off.
Did you get the Enhanced Anti-theft installed? I noticed that as well. I assumed it was a side effect of having the Enhanced antitheft installed. If not, I don’t recall that this was always the case. Anybody know? Or was this part of a recent firmware update?

• Funny
Reactions: beej
I don't like the cabin overheat tradeoff, but I bought one anyway since it I don't park it in the sun for long periods as often as I could use the alarm. Thanks for the video. Now I'll just have one more thing to remember to do if I need to switch. Hopefully, they will enable use of both in a future update.