Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Anti-theft vs Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They work independently one from the other and serve different purpouse.
Anti-theft is a motion based set of sensors (moving the car while in park, tilting, motion inside the cabin) connected to the audio speaker; when active, if those sensors are triggered, a loud sound is played.
Sentry mode is based on external cameras, and it get triggered to record when a motion is detected outside the vehicle.

Reactions: croman and Akikiki
I have both and they work together effectively. Any movement inside the cabin will trigger the Enhanced Anti-Theft. Break glass and try to enter the car it will trigger. Sentry will capture the video. I suppose without Enhanced Anti-Theft a thief could possibly remove the USB drive with Sentry stored video. Tested Enhanced Anti-Theft with windows down and put my arm inside the cabin - very loud alarm! I think they are good separately, but I am very security conscious so just wanted the extra protection with both.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
I must be mistaken. I thought I had this feature, but my mirror has no frame or place for the. motion detector unless it is somehow behind the mirrot glass. Sorry if I confused the issue of some having the feature, but the Tilt/Intrusion option does not appear under Security.

I must be mistaken. I thought I had this feature, but my mirror has no frame or place for the. motion detector unless it is somehow behind the mirrot glass. Sorry if I confused the issue of some having the feature, but the Tilt/Intrusion option does not appear under Security.

I don't think any US spec Model S/X included this, however you can purchase it from Tesla directly and they will do the install (both hardware, and setup the software for you).

Reactions: DerbyDave