Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot $6k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw enhanced autopilot piped up for $6k

14C20AF0-FB31-4B19-ACC2-54543691B810.png

596B5E3A-461E-47C2-9FBC-AC7FD835C1CB.png

Attachments

• 596B5E3A-461E-47C2-9FBC-AC7FD835C1CB.png
    596B5E3A-461E-47C2-9FBC-AC7FD835C1CB.png
    301.3 KB · Views: 125
This is really interesting! I used to have FSD, and each of these things was fun to play with when it was just part of the package that came with my car.

But, as I consider the idea of paying $6000 for it, most of these things are really not worth having. Parking, summon, and smart summon are mostly just party tricks. Navigate on auto pilot and automatic lane change are more interesting, but with my new M3, I am getting used to not having them.

Two grand, maybe, but not six.

Todd

It’s just too much money. Tesla really needs to make the license follow a person and not a vehicle. Would even help towards Elon’s perfect world of everyone just sharing cars…you get the features you paid for regardless of the car you’re in.
You arent buying a license, you are paying a one time fee for an ongoing service as long as you own the car. Tesla needs to maintain their processing infrastructure and data analytics to make it all work at the end of the day.

I'm sure the actuaries calculated the business cost with average length of ownership to come to their price point.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
My recommendation is not to purchase any of these. I paid for self driving 3 years ago and still do not have the latest self driving set up- total waste of money. Most of the other features do not work consistently. If curious subscribe first prior to purchasing and see for yourself.

The "limited" Enhanced Auto Pilot features are the only functional & reliable Full Self Driving features. I'm a FSD owner and would have purchased it again just for auto lane change and navigate on auto pilot, but with enhanced autopilot back on the table would recommend that... Unless there's no upgrade path to FSD and it'll require the full 12k purchase.

My theory is the only reason we're seeing Enhanced Auto Pilot offered as an option again, is that the $12K FSD is not selling as well as Tesla needs it to sell. Personally I wouldn't pay any real amount of money for either until they can get normal Autopilot to function reliably without phantom braking.

Reactions: TXDawg
I would probably be somewhat interested in subscription of say $50-100 for Navigating on Autopilot and lane Change.
$6k assuming keeping Tesla for 5 years, comes to $100 a month.

I use autopilot once or twice a week so say 6-8 times a month. on the trip I would change lanes 3-4 times. So say 30 times.
So every time I change lane it will cost me $3. Is it worth it? Who knows.

• Funny
Reactions: bluetrep1