Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP) Has Returned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do the turn signal, change lanes, and hit the s3xy button I have mounted on the back left spoke of my steering wheel. It turns off the turn signal and re-engages AP... hell of a lot cheaper than $6000 and virtually as functional.

Keith

You don't need to turn off the turn signal. A double tap when back in the lane does that for you.

I can confirm that EAP is available now on the Canada site and is exactly half the price of FSD. I have a Palladium LR and and somewhat of a fanboy BUT now that I have been using FSD, I would go for EAP every day at half the price. Not that the FSD beta drives like a drunk 14 year old, it is just that hands-off city driving even if it was perfect is not in my mission portfolio. I love hand driving the car but love the AP on the expressways which is every day for the commute to work. Very interesting option. IMHO the FSD price has gotten to the level that it goes beyond a simple 'click to add' into a hard eval of if you even want that. Probably tons of people were choosing NO and they were seeing FSD buyers dropping off. Only the market will drive Tesla.

Although I bought FSD with the car, I gave up yesterday and disabled both AP and Cruise Control. Having them turned on is just too dangerous. The car doing panic slow-downs and stops at flashing yellow lights, cloud shadows, heat mirages, skid marks, etc., etc., etc., is too likely to cause a rear end collision. My insurance costs are apparently going to go out of sight because it keeps reporting me for "following to close", apparently because I overrode it and accelerated through a flashing yellow light intersection that had full stop signs on both crossing sides, for example. I'm really starting to miss the lane keeping assist and smart cruise control that my Kia had, which worked quite well.

I was hoping the 2022.16.1.2 update would help some of these issues. Apparently all it changed is now BoomBox will only make a scratchy noise? It's a little disappointing to discover they are making changes to BoomBox, when there are serious problems in some of the basic functions that actually matter.

Does anyone know if you buy the EAP for $6000 can you buy the FSD later for another $6000? or do you then have to pay $12,000 for FSD?

I don't think FSD is ready yet but I might be willing to spend $6000 on EAP. I use a those features the most.
That's the way it has worked in the past and, in fact, you can subscribe to FSD if you have EAP for $99/month, so the assumption is, you could buy FSD for whatever price they happen to be charging, less the $6000 you paid for EAP. I wish I could subscribe to the EAP features only. That would be worth $99/month to me. $199 for FSD is too much, especially considering it's difficult to even get into the beta program yet you still have to pay for it.

Reactions: Exelion
Does anyone know if you buy the EAP for $6000 can you buy the FSD later for another $6000? or do you then have to pay $12,000 for FSD?

I don't think FSD is ready yet but I might be willing to spend $6000 on EAP. I use a those features the most.
I think it still works that way… someone will need to buy EAP to find out.

My 2018 Mod3 had EAP and on the app upgrading to FSD is $6k. But on my ModYP it’s $12k for FSD.

Yes it does. I had FSD on my M3, but couldn't justify it on my PY, that I might replace in about 6 months. But I missed a lot of the features like auto lane changing and summon so didn't hesitate when EAP was offered.

When you own EAP, FSD is currently another $6k.

Yes 6k additional for FSD - bought EAP yesterday:

1CFBA6A9-B84A-4157-BD42-C8B6BDA3DC20.jpeg

Reactions: doc5339