Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced autopilot (EAP) is upgrade to FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that after Elons twitter announcement of price drop to $3000usd for the EAP to FSD upgrade our Aussie dollar cost for the same is just $3200.

Represents good value considering the exchange rate difference and about a $1050 saving pre-yesterday.

Anyone else pulling the trigger on this?

Big question still to answer is whether the HW3 retrofits have begun in Australia.

Any cost reduction is a good deal! Luckily, I paid $2800 for FSD from EAP when the price dropped in March last year.

To my knowledge, the HW3/FSD computer upgrades haven't started here yet, I've heard from a reliable source that they won't start until late this year.

We paid $8500 for EAP on the Model X (August 2018 build with AP2.5) and Tesla still want to charge $4,200 for FSD....out of interest what are they offering you as the upgrade to FSD from EAP?

This was in my Tesla inbox today, $3200 until July 1st to upgrade from EAP.
Screenshot_20200624-175002_Tesla.jpg

Well if they want to offer me a $5k refund to EAP, I'd take it. Not holding my breath on FSD beta being available anytime soon (despite Elon's tweet saying EOY).

Even the EAP features are a tough sell at the price - autopark gives up half the time, NOA creates more work for the driver by picking incorrect lane changes and making me cancel them, not game to use smart summon in a busy parking lot, summon has been useful a grand total of 3 times when someone has put me in a tight parking position. But I do love auto lane change.

Well if they want to offer me a $5k refund to EAP, I'd take it. Not holding my breath on FSD beta being available anytime soon (despite Elon's tweet saying EOY).

Even the EAP features are a tough sell at the price - autopark gives up half the time, NOA creates more work for the driver by picking incorrect lane changes and making me cancel them, not game to use smart summon in a busy parking lot, summon has been useful a grand total of 3 times when someone has put me in a tight parking position. But I do love auto lane change.
Good to know, maybe not worth the extra then.

I do a fair bit of highway driving and our Model X has FSD (so operating at EAP I guess) and our Model 3 has standard AP.

- Summon is a crap
- Smart Summon, does that even work?
- Auto park, nearly never shows as available
- NAV on autopilot is annoying
- Lane change great

I wouldn’t and won’t pay $5k for lane change.

Damn, I ordered a YSR with FSD (AUD 10.100), but mainly for the autopark and summon (narrow garage), so EAP would have been a much better deal.
But I bet changing from FSD to EAP will put be in the back of the queue.