Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the vast majority of regions now have the ability to purchase Enhanced Autopilot now, with the exception of Japan and one or two other countries.

I desperately want to have the forward/back summon feature to pull the car out of my tiny garage... Any success stories of having purchase EAP in Japan? Anybody have any theories as to why it's still not available for purchase?

@NamaDenki , I have no internal knowledge or connections and no theories about the availability of EAP (again) in Japan.

My 2 cents to the summon feature of EAP/FSD: I have FSD and use Summon (not Smart Summon) reasonably frequently. Does your garage have walls or poles on both sides of the car? The summon sometimes tries to avoid them and steer itself automatically. As a result, it may hit objects on the other side if you don't stop it. If it ever becomes available and you want to purchase it, I recommend you test it with somebody else's car with FSD/EAP. The feature is not perfect.

Yeah, wall on one side and a pillar on the other. Here's some photos if you're interested...

IMG_5260.jpgIMG_5262.jpgIMG_5263.jpg

Interesting that it can apparently hit one object when trying to avoid another object... I can see how that might happen in my case with the pillar. Avoiding the wall and turning into the pillar if it cannot see it. I think the side camera *should* be able to see and recognize the pillar though.

If you call them and ask for it, they'll open a Service ticket in the app where you can pay for it and they'll activate it shortly after.

You might be able to do it via opening a Service ticket instead of calling, but I called.

Yeah, "Navigation on Autopilot" is included in Enhanced Autopilot, but isn't enabled in Japan unfortunately. Not sure if it's because Tesla hasn't trained/configured it for Japan yet, or if it's a legal/bureaucratic issue.