Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot is BACK!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
Looks like Enhanced Autopilot is back as an after-delivery option on the app for $4k. I'm guessing it is a temporary "demand lever" to try to squeeze some extra revenue from owners who don't want to pay the full FSD price. I do wonder if this is a sign that Tesla is about to raise the price of FSD when the rewrite is released. It would make sense to give owners a more affordable option in between Basic Autopilot and Full FSD.

43ac291d-08b3-403c-b2f3-12eca6b346fa-jpeg.589803

Knowing full well that “enhanced autopilot” is the only real and useful thing I will be using on a daily basis, I wish that would have been an option a year ago. (Will probably be through two more Model S’ before any true functional part of FSD is actually working :()

Knowing full well that “enhanced autopilot” is the only real and useful thing I will be using on a daily basis, I wish that would have been an option a year ago. (Will probably be through two more Model S’ before any true functional part of FSD is actually working :()

You're totally missing out on the car binging you when the light turns green. :p

I'm sure I'm not the only one (and I'm bound to be drowned out by those that disagree), but for the record there are some of us that purchased FSD package with the vehicle and have enjoyed that decision ever since. It's incremental and continuing to improve and it's great to have future features included. (2018 Model 3, EAP & FSD were the 2 options at time of purchase). This car purchase was a bit of a stretch for our budget (even after getting $10k back eventually through incentives), but glad we did it!

Looks like Enhanced Autopilot is back as an after-delivery option on the app for $4k. I'm guessing it is a temporary "demand lever" to try to squeeze some extra revenue from owners who don't want to pay the full FSD price. I do wonder if this is a sign that Tesla is about to raise the price of FSD when the rewrite is released. It would make sense to give owners a more affordable option in between Basic Autopilot and Full FSD.

To paraphrase a well known saying: never attribute to future releases what can easily be explained by the end of quarter.

Very glad to see an intermediate step between AP and FSD. I’m hoping that Tesla considers doing this or something similar in the future for when I’m ready to open up the wallet again.

I’m am curious though, if you pay $4K for EAP now, would you still have to pay $8K for FSD in the future....I can’t imagine they’d expect the full amount sine you already have the majority of FSD...minus the “future component” I guess?

Very glad to see an intermediate step between AP and FSD. I’m hoping that Tesla considers doing this or something similar in the future for when I’m ready to open up the wallet again.

I’m am curious though, if you pay $4K for EAP now, would you still have to pay $8K for FSD in the future....I can’t imagine they’d expect the full amount sine you already have the majority of FSD...minus the “future component” I guess?

You would probably pay what all the early EAP owners are asked to pay.