Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot is live in Canada for $6,400

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how is it, really considering it for my S,

real question is how is auto park. My wife sucks at parking and says she wont take the car unless she doesnt need to worry about the stress of it 😅
The Auto Park function for parallel parking is good when it can identify a space. The problem is that it is not able to consistently detect the space you wish to park in. You can slowly drive by a parking space that you think looks suitable but the car does not identify it.

Yeah, the autopark has spatial limits.
E.g. they specify a minimum width necessary for back-in parking. Unfortunately our condo parking space is about a foot narrower so we haven't upgraded. Manually parking is no problem, although there are lots of warnings and chimes.

Yeah, the autopark has spatial limits.
E.g. they specify a minimum width necessary for back-in parking. Unfortunately our condo parking space is about a foot narrower so we haven't upgraded. Manually parking is no problem, although there are lots of warnings and chimes.
The issue I described is not related to the limit you discussed when doing back in parking. I’m talking about trying to get Auto Park to activate when very slowly driving by a parallel parking space that is clearly long enough for the car to readily fit into (and clearly wide enough because other cars are parked along the the sidewalk) but the car does not identify the space between two cars so Auto Park does not activate.

In that scenario, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Fortunately, with cameras and parking sensors Teslas are not difficult to park. You just have to trust the sensors and watch the camera view.

Reactions: Individoo
I got it and I love it so far. I have a super tight parking space in my driveway (odd townhome build - it’s like my driveway was built for a mini or something) and I’ve spent years squeezing in and out of my drivers side. No chance for a passenger to get in and out. Now it just parks itself right back to the garage door and pulls itself out of that tight spot each day. Game changer for me.

The navigate on autopilot has worked solid for me so far as well with driving on the QEW. Only once did it spaz out when someone was merging on the hwy and was matching the car’s speed side by side in the merge lane but I just took over and slowed down.

Attachments

• B2326EBE-D350-45B4-8D95-1A62C4EB9467.jpeg
    B2326EBE-D350-45B4-8D95-1A62C4EB9467.jpeg
    794.5 KB · Views: 86