Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot is live in Canada for $6,400

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had been waiting for EAP to make a come back since I got the Model Y, just got the upgrade. And the upgrade was even smoother than regular updates. I purchased it while finishing my night shift in the office at 06:30 and the upgrade was done when I walked back to the car at 07:00. Completely over the air upgrade since my car wasn't even connected to wifi at that time.
Super happy with the EAP upgrade since I don't really like the FSD on city streets anyway 😄
Also, the pricing is a little odd, USD$6000 but only CAD$6400. WIth the current exchange rate it's only USD$4930 in Canada?!
For those who wants it, go get it before Tesla increase the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had been waiting for EAP to make a come back since I got the Model Y, just got the upgrade. And the upgrade was even smoother than regular updates. I purchased it while finishing my night shift in the office at 06:30 and the upgrade was done when I walked back to the car at 07:00. Completely over the air upgrade since my car wasn't even connected to wifi at that time.
Super happy with the EAP upgrade since I don't really like the FSD on city streets anyway 😄
Also, the pricing is a little odd, USD$6000 but only CAD$6400. WIth the current exchange rate it's only USD$4930 in Canada?!
For those who wants it, go get it before Tesla increase the price.
So how is it, really considering it for my S,

real question is how is auto park. My wife sucks at parking and says she wont take the car unless she doesnt need to worry about the stress of it 😅

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3
I just finished the upgrade. Even though it seems like a good deal compared to our US friends I don't know that I will be keeping it. After tax it is $7,232 here in Ontario and all I wanted was the ability to pass a slow moving driver. Acceleration boost provides a better return for me 🙂

Reactions: Murky-Article
Still way over priced. We could add the GT line package on our EV6 for 3K. It gave remote parking (smart park). Surround view monitors and surround view parking, Auto lane change on driving assist, Autopark, Leather seats, Power passenger seat, Power rear hatch, Ambient lighting inside. That seems more reasonable to me. The software updates should have a value of few hundred dollars. I love my Model 3 but would never spend that kind of money on those software features.

Well if you’re interested in FSD beta but don’t want to spend for it now, this is sort of hedging the cost as it may go up in price. They say you can upgrade to FSD for half the price once you have EAP.

Still not sure it’d be worth it, until perhaps they merge summon code with FSD beta capability that would make it so much better to get your car in a parking lot.

I’ve had my M3P for a week now. Currently have put about 3000km on it. I’m about 1/2 way through an eastern trip and based on what I’ve experienced so far with AP in general there is no way I’d give Tesla any more money. I’ve lost track of the # of phantom breaks. Other than being able to handle most curves I’d say it’s worse than the basic adaptive cruise and lane keep than any other car I’ve driven.

Auto park does sound nice although On a positive note I’ve found the car extremely easy to park with the backup cameras.

i would only get it if can do the following 95% of time without me intervening:

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto Lane Change

How well do Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change for HWY 404, 401, 400 driving daily?
I can not speak for the specific highway you asked.

I drove from BC to Washington D.C., longest I drove on autopilot without any intervention except lane changes was 3 hours. I did not touch the steering wheel at all except lane changes (yes, I have a cheat device). So, when I do get the EAP, it will allow me drive completely autonomously on the highway.

what is your cheat device? :)

Something like this. Just search ebay for Tesla Steering Wheel Cell Phone Holder , or Autopilot boost etc. There are many versions.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
i would only get it if can do the following 95% of time without me intervening:

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto Lane Change

How well do Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change for HWY 404, 401, 400 driving daily?
if traffic is sparse it works very well, if traffic is heavy and the gaps between cars are narrow, it will hesitate, start to change lanes and go back.

I tend not to use it on the daily drive but more for a road trip type driving or at night when there is no traffic. I would be perfectly happy with just standard auto pilot and summon if that was an option.