Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded from a 2018 Model 3 LR/RWD Premium to a Model Y LR/AWD at the end of September 2020 and was not aware that EAP is not part of Autopilot like my 2018 Model 3. I missed the end of 3rd quarter EAP upgrade. I hope Tesla will offer it again at the end of 4th quarter.

I personally think one time payment for FSD will be removed at a stage and people have to pay subscription only (Like unlimited supercharger vs paid supercharger).
I may be wrong because price tag is high, however, I believe that would happen one day. If you are thinking about enhanced autopilot, I doubt if they bring it but I believe early 2021 they will bring subscription packages as they said earlier.

I'd imagine if/when it comes back, it'll be $5000 instead of $4000 USD. They're probably delaying it until they finish the FSD beta. All the info and data they're collecting now will eventually benefit the EAP function.

And a similar note, I wonder if basic AP will get any improvements/features? Or is the AP on our cars today FIXED and be the same for folks buying in the future?
AP Always gets improved but I doubt if they add features anytime soon. I can just guess that when FSD becomes hands off the wheel FSD, they may add navigate on AutoPilot as a feature but no more than that.

There’s certainly a chance, but now that FSD is on the verge of being actually useful for urban driving I’m doubtful Tesla will ever offer EAP again.
I think the more expensive FSD gets, the more room there is to capture extra dollars from people who don't want to pay the whole amount.

And if the funtionality gap widens, it makes even more sense to give people who don't want to pony up $10k an opportunity to give Tesla money.

Reactions: Slate
I personally think one time payment for FSD will be removed at a stage and people have to pay subscription only (Like unlimited supercharger vs paid supercharger).
I may be wrong because price tag is high, however, I believe that would happen one day. If you are thinking about enhanced autopilot, I doubt if they bring it but I believe early 2021 they will bring subscription packages as they said earlier.
I agree with this 100% -- IMHO the increase to $10k is meant to make the math on a $200/month subscription more appealing.

I just noticed that my order now says Enhanced Autopilot included. I ordered on 11/21. I check everyday and this is the first I have noticed to mention Enhanced Autopilot.
upload_2020-12-10_11-8-16.png