Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced or FSD?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You DON'T need to hold the steering wheel for Auto Lane Change to work.
You do need to hold steering wheel to keep Autosteer enabled which is required for ALC to work. That the point. AS do not “like” my grip so either I have to grab it and that not I like to, or it become disabled and ALC will not work.
Well, not my cup of tea (Do not want to play with tampering it with smth attached to wheel as some are doing)

Here is one reason why FSD may not be worth it just yet. ;););)

Attachments

• 20200920_170246.jpg
    20200920_170246.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 197
Not sure if true but I read in another blog that Tesla removes the FSD if the car is ever sold back to them as a trade in or when lease is up - meaning supposedly the new owner has no knowledge it was on there and must buy FSD if they want it on the car.

FSD is linked to the vin so if a third party sale happens it definitely stays with the car. Now if you sell it back to Tesla, I don’t know what they do when they resell the car. The purchase agreement would say if it includes it or not and be priced accordingly. You wouldn’t own the car at that point so it doesn’t really matter but on a 3rd party sale the FSD 100% transfers over.

Edit- a quick search of used inventory gives the option to select if you want a car that includes FSD, so it stays with the Vin even if Tesla is selling the car.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Last edited:
I was mildly interested in FSD for the features that EAP offers, but I wasn't crazy about paying for city driving features that I'd never use or need, so it's a no-brainer for me.

That summon feature is huge for me as a handicapped driver. It allows me to park anywhere. With my current old car, if I can't find a spot with an access aisle, then I can't get my wheelchair in or out, which forces me to park in a normal spot far away and take a risk that the spot next to the driver's side is unoccupied when I get back (also applies to when assholes park in the access aisle). With the summon feature, I could always have it pull out so that I can get in.

Agreed, it's still has a bit of ways to go. But by the time they have something substantial and it's worth it, it will be at least $10k +
GM/Cadillac is rolling out SuperCruise for a $25/month subscription, which includes $10 a month for Onstar access. So it's only $15/month or $180/year incremental. That's maybe worth about $4000 upfront if you price it aggressively.

Unless you are convinced that SuperCruise will somehow be non-comparable to FSD, which doesn't really make sense to me over time, there is no way in the world that FSD could be worth, or Tesla could charge, anything close to $10,000.

It's a double-edged sword for Tesla: if they're the only ones that have a usable FSD (someday), real FSD will never get widespread adoption. So they need others to figure it out for it to become the standard. But if others figure it out, they have to price things competitively.

Elon can't have it both ways. FSD might be going higher in the near-term, but I don't see any scenario where the longer-term trend is not down. Think of all the things you used to pay extra for, but now come standard. I'm not sure why this would be different.

Geeeeeez this is a tough one. I’m so tempted. FSD is not for me. But, EAP is much more interesting.

My hang up. I just don’t do enough highway driving to pull the trigger.

...and I think that's the point for me...w/o a longggg drive option that really needs lane change I don't see how it makes sense. Would like the be cool features, but doubt it'd get used more than twice a year.

I bought FSD from the get-go. I know it's somewhat of a "vaporware" still but I figure I was paying for future improvements. Who knows where the software will be in 3-5 years? I mean you can only improve on it, right? When I come to unload my Y, I am betting on FSD costing well over $10k which will help my resale value over the ones without it! ;)

I think battery life will kill resale vs having FSD

Yeah until we realize there's a new battery next year and no one will want anything older than a 2021 from Tesla LOL

You're falling for that overhyped crap of battery day? Batteries have been the most funded and intensely researched technique up to date. The current battery technologies inside our tesla's are decennia old already with just very minor improvements...
Millions of companies in the world are researching improvements for hundreds of billions of dollars of investments. Don't expect big changes coming. It's going to be baby steps taking years and years. Or just really really much batteries, like in the new roadster.

• Funny
Reactions: MrTemple and db93
You're falling for that overhyped crap of battery day? Batteries have been the most funded and intensely researched technique up to date. The current battery technologies inside our tesla's are decennia old already with just very minor improvements...
Millions of companies in the world are researching improvements for hundreds of billions of dollars of investments. Don't expect big changes coming. It's going to be baby steps taking years and years. Or just really really much batteries, like in the new roadster.

I'm holding out for one of these:

17b787e5-96d3-4cdf-a5c1-ed86bb09d2ce_1.89cae52de7c792f6e3615d6a4ce1b56a.jpeg

I have a M3P one year into a 3 year lease, buying EAP or FSD makes no sense as it stays with the car, so I would recover no value when the lease ends. Subscription seems to be the way forward for people with leases. I think FSD is further away than a lot of people seem to believe. Even AP is problematic for me with 3 severe bouts of phantom braking on a recent trip, I thought we had moved on from that glitch.
Any views on subscription (guess it revolves around the monthly price)?