Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New option for enhanced Autopilot for $5300 It Comes with:

•Navigate on Autopilot
• Auto Lane Change
• Autopark
• Summon

Seems tempting anyone considering this option?
Screenshot_20200919-054150.jpg

I tried the navigate on autopilot via a service loaner I had for about a week. I don't believe the tech is mature enough. I experienced erratic and aggressive acceleration and deceleration, audible warnings of impending danger when no cars were in my vicinity and I personally found that autopilot on its own is much more confident. Had autopark in my previous vehicle and used it once to show someone else the tech... I found that feature to be a novelty at best. I guess if the enhanced autopilot was half the price I would consider buying it and waiting for it to mature but that's a lot of money to enter a BETA program. Just my opinion and experience...

As an early adopter, my car never came with basic AP and I ended up buying it for $2,600. Spending another $5,300 (total $7,900) hurts a bit for the EAP package. If I didn't buy the basic AP at the time, I'd pay $5,300 today for EAP. Be nice if Tesla charged the difference (i.e., $2,700) for owners who paid for basic AP for this EAP option now but not holding my breathe.

Reactions: linnells
Looks like it was wishful thinking on my part. From what I understand, early adopters who do not currently have basic AP must pay for basic AP before being eligible to buy EAP or FSD for $5,300 and $10,600 respectively. Anyone who doesn't have basic AP, please post a screenshot of your 'Upgrades' screen. Love the Autoparking, Summon, and NoA but not sure if I love it another $5,300 + tax. Got to stew on this for a bit.

Reactions: cdswm3
I am still sitting on the side line. I am happy to pay extra for Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change right now IF it realistically works well for driving on 401, 404, 400 HWY for my daily work commute in addition to regular Autopilot.

For those you who has FSD or EAP for long time, do you use it often on hwy 401, 404, 400 driving around GTA? How well does it work ?

No one in BC should get it IMO, at least not if considering it for daily use.
  • Navigate on AutoPilot is available on very few roads here. Where it is available, you may as well just use AutoSteer (because of HOV lanes).
  • Smart Summon is illegal here (see ICBC's statement regarding the viral video of the Model 3 driving on the wrong side of the road with Smart Summon)
  • Regular Summon is/was nerfed (cancels easier, have to be closer)
  • AutoPark still performs embarrassingly slow
Many in BC would basically be paying that $5300 for AutoPark and "automatic" lane changes with AutoSteer (can tap the signal stalk to lane change on AutoSteer instead of taking it in/out to do it manually). That's... that's a lot of money folks. I could get myself a sweet breathable office chair, a killer gaming computer, preorder the new PlayStation 5 with a bunch of games, get myself a new desk, and still have money left over instead of buying those two features. And I won't do any of that, because those are still too much money! :)

---

I find it weird they state Traffic Aware Cruise Control is part of FSD now though. I hope that's just a mistake.

Reactions: cdswm3 and Gordeee
Got FSD, there has been noticible improvement since it first came out, I would say if your driving in rush hour then navigate on autopilot tends to leave you always taking over to put it in the right lane, or slowing down due to adjacent lane stopping, haven't tried it yet with the new option that lets you keep it in the passing lane. For a trip like Toronto to Niagara falls or Ottawa it works great or around the GTA outside of the really busy times.

On highway 11 coming south from Huntsville bit keeps slowing down every time it sees a yellow flashing light on the off ramps even if your in the left lane, seems to think they are all stop lights.

Bought it just to have summon, because having the car pull out of the garage to load the kids in it makes life a lot easier.

As an early adopter, my car never came with basic AP and I ended up buying it for $2,600. Spending another $5,300 (total $7,900) hurts a bit for the EAP package. If I didn't buy the basic AP at the time, I'd pay $5,300 today for EAP. Be nice if Tesla charged the difference (i.e., $2,700) for owners who paid for basic AP for this EAP option now but not holding my breathe.

That is the difference. Those purchasing later had a price increase to cover basic AP. You just paid to get the base level AP everyone has except basic SR buyers.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
Looks like it was wishful thinking on my part. From what I understand, early adopters who do not currently have basic AP must pay for basic AP before being eligible to buy EAP or FSD for $5,300 and $10,600 respectively. Anyone who doesn't have basic AP, please post a screenshot of your 'Upgrades' screen. Love the Autoparking, Summon, and NoA but not sure if I love it another $5,300 + tax. Got to stew on this for a bit.

Here it is, in French though, sorry.
I am not dropping about 10k for the combo neither 4k for the basic.
Also, it might seem strange but, i really like the basic cruise control, it keeps perfectly the chosen speed and it is very easy to set and adjust.
Now if I would buy the basic AP, I won't have the option to use it anymore, and I don't want to worry about the car braking when I don't want to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-093631_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20200921-093631_Tesla.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: cdswm3