Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the FSD subscription is looming (Q2 according to Elon), I do not think we will get EAP back in the US. This is just my opinion, and they could release EAP tomorrow haha.
Agreed. Shame, really, cause I have EAP and it seems to offer pretty much everything FSD does at this point. For so much less. It’s a great option for those that don’t want to pony up $10k for FSD.

That said, I’m really interested to see how the subscription model is set up.

Reactions: boonedocks
I am, too, especially the subscription price to owners who have EAP. Based on current pricing, it should be half of the FSD subscription to add it to EAP.

The trick is gonna be HW2.x owners who need a computer upgrade for FSD.

Can't imagine you'll be able to sign up for 1 month and get the HW swapped for free.

Possibilities include:

Subscription requires already having HW3. Tesla then offers a paid HW upgrade to 2.x owners, but dunno if it'll make a lot of sense compared to EAP owners cost for just buying FSD that includes the HW.

or

Subscription for HW2.x users requires a minimum subscription length that subsidies the upgrade.

In either case I agree it'd make sense for it to be cheaper for EAP owners monthly than nothing-owners...

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I am, too, especially the subscription price to owners who have EAP. Based on current pricing, it should be half of the FSD subscription to add it to EAP.
Exactly. If I can now upgrade to FSD for $5K vs. $10K, subscription price should adjust accordingly. No idea if that's what'll happen or not, but if so, I'd definitely be interested if it was only like $100/month or so.

They also have to take into account those who have already purchased FSD. Elon has already said that purchase would be cheaper than subscription "in the long term". If that's the case, be prepared for sticker shock on FSD subscription, because assuming 5 year car ownership, that $10K is equivalent to $166/month. So my guess is they will be asking something like $200/month.

They also have to take into account those who have already purchased FSD. Elon has already said that purchase would be cheaper than subscription "in the long term". If that's the case, be prepared for sticker shock on FSD subscription, because assuming 5 year car ownership, that $10K is equivalent to $166/month. So my guess is they will be asking something like $200/month.

I think $200 is reasonable, anything less is socking IMO. Anything over $250 is also crazy.