Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon Connection Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have enjoyed summon since it first came out, and enhanced summon since we got it with v10, however it stopped working recently and I'm not sure why. It may have been tied to the recent update to 40.1.1 but to be honest, I don't remember the last time I used it and when it stopped working.

Symptoms -
  • Never see the "come to me" button anymore (yes, I know that only appears if the GPS has you within so many feet of the car.
  • When I click the "summon" button, I get "connecting to vehicle" for about 3-4 seconds, then that changes to "disconnected from vehicle" at the top and I have a "reconnect to vehicle" button at the bottom (below the overhead view of the car). No matter what I do, it never connects to the car.
  • All other app functions (door, charge, frunk, lights, etc. work fine
  • Summon with the keyfob works fine.
I called Tesla roadside assistance and after about 30 minutes, they determined they would have to esaclate it and I'd hear from advanced tech support within 5 days. Two days later, I got an email from "Robbie M" at advanced tech support with a bunch of questions (what kind of phone, what OS, what version of the app, what software version in car, etc.). He asked me to reply to the email with the questions. When I hit reply, it sends an email to "[email protected]". When I send it, I get an auto-reply email that says "this email is no longer in service, please call customer support or go to the service center."

Anyone else having this symptom (or had it and what was the fix?

Anyone have a better email address?

Have enjoyed summon since it first came out, and enhanced summon since we got it with v10, however it stopped working recently and I'm not sure why. It may have been tied to the recent update to 40.1.1 but to be honest, I don't remember the last time I used it and when it stopped working.

Symptoms -
  • Never see the "come to me" button anymore (yes, I know that only appears if the GPS has you within so many feet of the car.
  • When I click the "summon" button, I get "connecting to vehicle" for about 3-4 seconds, then that changes to "disconnected from vehicle" at the top and I have a "reconnect to vehicle" button at the bottom (below the overhead view of the car). No matter what I do, it never connects to the car.
  • All other app functions (door, charge, frunk, lights, etc. work fine
  • Summon with the keyfob works fine.
I called Tesla roadside assistance and after about 30 minutes, they determined they would have to esaclate it and I'd hear from advanced tech support within 5 days. Two days later, I got an email from "Robbie M" at advanced tech support with a bunch of questions (what kind of phone, what OS, what version of the app, what software version in car, etc.). He asked me to reply to the email with the questions. When I hit reply, it sends an email to "[email protected]". When I send it, I get an auto-reply email that says "this email is no longer in service, please call customer support or go to the service center."

Anyone else having this symptom (or had it and what was the fix?

Anyone have a better email address?
I have been having the same exact issue as you.

I have a pixel 2 xl phone if it makes any difference. But I really think it was the 40.1.1 update. Resetting doesn't work either.

I have MCU 1 and ap hw 2.5 on a model S

I'm having the same issue, I have iPhone xs and Galaxy Note 10 both having same issue,
I get "Connecting to your vehicle..." then "Disconnected from vehicle" and won't reconnect.
It all started since I got Version: 2019.40.1.1 on my 2017 Model S with MCU1, I don't know what's my AP hardware is.. may be 2.0

I'm having the same issue, I have iPhone xs and Galaxy Note 10 both having same issue,
I get "Connecting to your vehicle..." then "Disconnected from vehicle" and won't reconnect.
It all started since I got Version: 2019.40.1.1 on my 2017 Model S with MCU1, I don't know what's my AP hardware is.. may be 2.0

Yep, I tried a different phone. Same issue. It must be this release.

My problem got fixed. After repeated comms with tech support, they determined that there was a software issue and pushed 40.1.1 to my car again (I was already running on it). I never got an alert that a software update was available to install...my app just gave me the alert that software installation is complete. With the (re)load, the features came back. My theory is that the install must have been partially corrupted and the result was the car/app combo acted as if I did not have enhanced summon available.

For those having the problem (@Utahken @Kamranwpi ), recommend requesting they push you the latest software or re-push your current software.

Reactions: Utahken