Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon: slow-mo driving in parking lots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enhanced Summon rolling out next week!!
upload_2019-4-6_15-38-16.png

Reactions: PaulJohn and Engr
This week maybe, next week definitely. :rolleyes:

They blasted out the 2019.8.5 release in a manner I haven't seen in ages.

Then Elon said an actual time frame of a week.

It's wasn't soon, or X months.

But, a week.

So my bet is 50% Model 3 TeslaFi install within 2 weeks.

Which I know is just crazy talk. But, I think Elon's been acting funny.

Even AP2 cars have gotten updates lately.

• Funny
Reactions: Engr
Is it just me or is this a very common sentiment amongst those who have followed Tesla for a long time now?

Right as we speak even more shadiness going on at Tesla about the Model 3 SR (see electrek.co). For some reason that fateful autumn day back in 2014 Tesla decided to post some P85D HP figures out of thin air and decide this is what we’ll be from now on.

No, it’s not just you. It’s also the other usual suspects who always suspiciously trash Tesla.

How did you get so confused that you’re putting comments in a thread that have nothing to do with it.
I’m sure you’re very upset with the major progress Tesla is making on Autopilot and it’s getting harder and harder to find stuff for you guys.

Your (and others) very obvious attempt to deflect away from the topic in desperation, is really a great sign for Tesla.

No, it’s not just you. It’s also the other usual suspects who always suspiciously trash Tesla.

How did you get so confused that you’re putting comments in a thread that have nothing to do with it.
I’m sure you’re very upset with the major progress Tesla is making on Autopilot and it’s getting harder and harder to find stuff for you guys.

Your (and others) very obvious attempt to deflect away from the topic in desperation, is really a great sign for Tesla.

Seriously though: You really think @wk057 whom I was quoting is here to trash Tesla?

Reactions: rnortman
Does anyone know if Advanced Summon on Model 3 uses Bluetooth or LTE? I found on the Model 3 (unlike the S or X), regular Summon didn't work from my phone if WiFi/LTE was off, but did work with BT. I haven't checked this since the keyfob update.

I didn't realize BT has a 100 meter range. It may explain the 150 foot driving limit.

I just retested it. Summon still works with BT off. Can't even start summon from the phone with WiFi/LTE off.

Does anyone know if Advanced Summon on Model 3 uses Bluetooth or LTE? I found on the Model 3 (unlike the S or X), regular Summon didn't work from my phone if WiFi/LTE was off, but did work with BT. I haven't checked this since the keyfob update.

I didn't realize BT has a 100 meter range. It may explain the 150 foot driving limit.

I just retested it. Summon still works with BT off. Can't even start summon from the phone with WiFi/LTE off.

Advanced Summon for all cars requires GPS (high precision) and data (WiFi or LTE).

Enhanced Summon rolling out next week!!
View attachment 394398

Enhanced Summon delayed "a few weeks" according to Musk on Twitter:

View attachment 396589

Wow, exactly a week later. What was he thinking would happen within one single week? How can something like this happen?
You would think if something is about to be released in a week, the only thing missing would be some finishing touches.

I mean sure, Elon is a pretty optimistic guy, I get that and making estimations over several months, or years is hard. But this was a single damn week! Did they accidentally delete their code?

Wow, exactly a week later. What was he thinking would happen within one single week? How can something like this happen?
You would think if something is about to be released in a week, the only thing missing would be some finishing touches.

I mean sure, Elon is a pretty optimistic guy, I get that and making estimations over several months, or years is hard. But this was a single damn week! Did they accidentally delete their code?

Well, if you look at Musk's last tweet about delaying the release, he does not say that they ran into last minute issues or that they need to put some finishing touches on it. He says "not good enough yet" which I interpret as saying "Enhanced Summon is not good enough for release". But how could ES be ready to roll out and then a week later "not be good enough"? The only explanation is that they did truly plan on releasing ES this week but changed their minds and basically went "we can do better, let's keep working on it more". Imagine a student who studies hard enough to get a B on a test and is content with that effort but then decides to study some more and go for an A. That's how I see it. ES was ready to roll out this week but the team decided at the last minute to work on it some more to make even better. Maybe at the last minute someone on the team had an idea for making ES better so they decided to delay release until they could implement the new improvement? Or maybe with the upcoming April 22 event, the team decided to push harder and make ES even better for the event? Now maybe Musk is just putting a nice spin on it and the reality is that ES is having issues but that's my reading of the two tweets.

Ultimately, these delays happen all the time in software development and having the team work on ES more will only mean a better product for us. So patience is a good thing. We'll get ES eventually and it will be better for the extra work that was put into it.

Reactions: PaulJohn