Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon Test..Amazing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No lane markings, no curbs. What did you expect? I think that worked great. It drove over flat surfaces toward you, and stopped before hitting a person. Put that in a parking lot where it is designed to operate, and it will perform as intended.
I’m sure someone in a parking lot will find it hilarious when your car cuts across parking spaces and heads right towards them like in the video. Actually that is pretty hilarious but I may have a dark sense of humor.

I'm curious, don't people typically drive across empty parking spots in empty-ish parking lots?
Yes, but they don't typically drive across empty parking lots, aim directly towards someone and then when the person tries to get out of way turn towards them. It's hilarious to us because it's probably safe but others might not find it so funny.
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 6.34.57 PM.png

I hope people start adding horror movie soundtracks to their summon videos.

• Funny
Reactions: selfbp
Me neither. I guess it is somewhat ingrained in some of us to not cross lines.

Sometimes though, when it feels safe to do so, I pull forward from the parking spot to avoid backing up, if the spot in front is empty.
Common mistake is to do that when there's a parking stop in front of the car. I wonder how Smart Summon will deal with that problem. Does it remember where the parking stops are when you pull it into the space? I suppose the best solution would be for it to always leave the space the way you came in.
Another tricky situation is if there's a stroller very close to the side of the car. I wonder how well it can detect things to the side of the car that weren't there when you parked.