Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you realize that is not at all what Enhanced Summon is, right? That graphic shows the car pulling around in front of your house. Enhanced Summon is summon from the other side of a parking lot. And eventually, Enhanced Summon will eventually summon your car from across town when the rest of FSD is done. So no, Tesla never sold Enhanced Summon for AP1. They sold a slightly more advanced version of Summon where the car could turn around a curb in front of your house. And Tesla did not deliver that feature because they broke up with MobilEye and moved on to AP2 before they could implement it. But that feature on the website has nothing to do with the current Enhanced Summon. And again, we have videos showing that Enhanced Summon is in development so we know it is coming.
I will concede original summon was only intended for use on private property, and that the current advanced summon does promise more. But this underscores my point. Tesla could not deliver on their original promise for a much less capable feature. Yes I know all about the MobileEye breakup but original summon had nothing to do with mobileye...it was entirely ultrasonic sensor driven (yes, many here knew this would never work but they still sold it anyway).

My point is that Tesla will likely run up against a technical wall, and have to move on to a new solution. You will get a crippled version of enhanced summon, and a new hardware suite will come up with "super enhanced summon" that will make good on what you are expecting today.

This debate is funny. The capabilities promised in what is now called "advanced summon" were the same capabilities promised with AP1 back in 2015. Of course this never arrived. Those who believe that advanced summon is right around the corner don't understand the history of Tesla and unkept promises.

Will advanced summon arrive for AP2/2.5/3? Probably at some point. But to believe it is coming within any particular timeframe is delusional.
I'd honestly feel the same way you do if I were in your shoes.

But I really do believe that advanced summon is coming within the next 3-6 months simply based in actually seeing it working (albeit poorly) in videos for a while now.

Reactions: diplomat33
I hope I'm wrong. I really do.
I do too! :)

I'm still very new to whole Tesla universe so I haven't had time to become jaded just yet. However, it does seem like development is picking up speed a bit so I'm cautiously optimistic that I might see some form of FSD by the end of the year. I basically bought the car for the technology more than anything else. But I knew full well that I was buying a beta version and I knew full well the history of missed deadlines and promises by Tesla. So I've come in eyes wide open for sure.

And you realize that is not at all what Enhanced Summon is, right? That graphic shows the car pulling around in front of your house. Enhanced Summon is summon from the other side of a parking lot. And eventually, Enhanced Summon will eventually summon your car from across town when the rest of FSD is done. So no, Tesla never sold Enhanced Summon for AP1. They sold a slightly more advanced version of Summon where the car could turn around a curb in front of your house. And Tesla did not deliver that feature because they broke up with MobilEye and moved on to AP2 before they could implement it. But that feature on the website has nothing to do with the current Enhanced Summon. And again, we have videos showing that Enhanced Summon is in development so we know it is coming.
But you do REALIZE that "private property" is not just a house...it includes any parking lot not government owned. That is also the way it was portrayed by Elon during many press / phone call / tweets back in the day.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
But you do REALIZE that "private property" is not just a house...it includes any parking lot not government owned. That is also the way it was portrayed by Elon during many press / phone call / tweets back in the day.

Of course I know that. But if you look at the picture and the description on the website, it was advertising something very different from what Enhanced Summon is.

AP1 Summon: On private property, your Model S will meet you on the curb. (with a graphic of a car pulling out a garage and pulling in front of your house on the side of the curb)

Enhanced Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

Not the same thing!

Last edited:
Does the "slightly advanced" summon deliver today? Can it pull out of your garage and meet you at the curb without a driver? (Note: I don't own a Tesla yet.)

No it does not. Tesla only delivered the basic summon we have now where you remote control your car forward or backwards a few feet with your phone and nothing else. But Elon is saying that Enhanced Summon is coming for AP2 and AP3 which can navigate parking lots. And we have videos of Enhanced Summon slowly navigating a parking lot when the user keeps their finger on the "find me" button on their phone app.

That's kinda the whole point of this debate. AP1 owners are skeptical of Enhanced Summon because Tesla never delivered the original Summon promised even though we have videos proving what Enhanced Summon is and can do.

No it does not. Tesla only delivered the basic summon we have now where you remote control your car forward or backwards a few feet with your phone and nothing else.

With a phone is only outside US and Model 3 (worldwide). S/X get keyfob summon in US and its way more convenient (without continuous press).

Frankly, the videos of enhanced summon show why Tesla isn't releasing it. The car is totally oblivious to how parking lots work and its just going in a stupid route. The car takes forever to back up and turn out. Its just funny how bad it is and how little its improving based on videos. It would be even funnier if Tesla weren't marketing this as something that is being delivered to every owner (writing on the order page is apparently VERY important for disqualifying Elon's deception but not important at all in the case of Tesla lying to prospective and current customers about which features are actually shipped).

No it does not. Tesla only delivered the basic summon we have now where you remote control your car forward or backwards a few feet with your phone and nothing else. But Elon is saying that Enhanced Summon is coming for AP2 and AP3 which can navigate parking lots. And we have videos of Enhanced Summon slowly navigating a parking lot when the user keeps their finger on the "find me" button on their phone app.

That's kinda the whole point of this debate. AP1 owners are skeptical of Enhanced Summon because Tesla never delivered the original Summon promised even though we have videos proving what Enhanced Summon is and can do.
Thanks that sums it up nicely - I wasn't understanding the main issue.

I'm not a Tesla owner yet, so I don't feel the frustration of having paid for a future promise that didn't come.

Given that, when I see the Enhanced Summon videos and then see people complain that it sucks, it reminds me of this Louis C.K. bit:

"I was on an airplane and there was high-speed Internet on the airplane. That's the newest thing that I know exists. And I'm sitting on the plane and they go, open up your laptop, you can go on the Internet.

"And it's fast, and I'm watching YouTube clips. It's amaz--I'm on an airplane! And then it breaks down. And they apologize, the Internet's not working. And the guy next to me goes, 'This is b*llsh**.' I mean, how quickly does the world owe him something that he knew existed only 10 seconds ago?"

• Funny
Reactions: DBeckwith

My favorite part of this post :p:p

My favorite part of this post :p:p

The thing is we know that Enhanced Summon is coming. We've seen the early access videos that show that the feature has been released to testers. Sure, there might be more delays but eventually it will be released. And chances are that it will be released sooner rather than later since it has been in early access testing for awhile.